Instinct

Laura's POV:

I have to escape. I have to get as far away from here as possible. Somewhere they won't find me. My parents, Caroline and Bernard Marcotte. They are abusive and spiteful people. My brother, Charles, is my twin. He was born two minutes after me but still acts as if he was older than me. Every time he acts that way, I remind him that I'm the oldest one, which I find pretty funny. Our parents are drug addicts and sell drugs such as weed and many more. They are also alcoholics. Any chance they get to drink or get high, they do. They would get high or drunk and then beat us. This has been going on for all of our lives, until today. When they were out, me and Charles came up with a plan. I would escape to New York and start a new life and he would do the same in Toronto. We were ready. We had packed our bags and all of the stuff that we needed. We had our plane tickets and everything. While we were discussing it, our parents came home. They were drunk, obviously. My father saw us and threw a punch right at my brother's face. He fell back onto me. My father stepped closer to us and so did my mother. My brother gathered all the strength he had left and punched my father right in his face. Then proceeded with my mother. They were laying on the floor, unconscious. We sprinted out of the house and got in the car. He drove me to the Aéroport international Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau de Montréal. I got on my flight to New York, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways, but we would still keep in touch. After about an hour and a half, I arrived at my destination, New York. The Big Apple. I went straight to the apartment that I had rented. It was the cheapest I could find since I didn't have a lot of money to begin with. I walked into the building, it was disgusting. Actually, it was repulsive. I knew that it wouldn't be a five-star hotel, but this was worse than I had imagined. I walked up to my floor and unlocked the door. I walked in. It was really small but enough since I would live alone. I settled in and went to sleep. The next morning, I went looking for a job. I never had a job before since I was only allowed to go to school all my life. I went to each café and every single store but none of them called me back. I was now out of money and I had to pay my rent somehow. So I decided to go out and have fun, because, why not. I put on my most revealing dress and went to The Crown, the most crowded club in the city. I knew that it would be packed with a lot of rich men. That's when I got an idea. A really, really bad idea. I decided that I would steal from them. Like I said, a really bad idea. I'm not a bad person. I don't want to be a bad person like my parents, but I have no other choice. I got in the bar, and went on the dance floor, trying to attract some men. I swung my hips from side to side. I have to say that I looked really attractive. I was feeling myself, like a lot. A couple of men danced with me, grinding behind me on my back, holding my hips. It was really strange because I have never been this close to a man before. Then, one of them followed me to the bar and that's when I put my plan in action. Seduce them, sit on their lap and take their wallet. Pretty easy, it worked three times now. I take out their wallet and while they aren't looking, I take their money and then I put the wallet back in their pockets. I continued going to the bar for a week straight, stealing from men. Then Saturday came. I went to the bar as usual. I started dancing then sat down at the bar with a man. Everything was going well. Suddenly, the man I was talking to left, with a scared look on his face. Then, the most attractive man sat down next to me. He had dark curly hair, piercing blue eyes, tattoos that appeared on his neck and I could see his muscles through his shirt. He was incredibly attractive. He asked me what I was drinking and I replied. I touched his arm, trying to seduce him, which worked. I tried to take his wallet out of his pocket but he took a hold of my wrist. He caught me. He told me who he was and I had no idea who he was. Dylan, what a lovely name. It definitely fitted him. He asked me my name and I replied with my real one. Then out of the blue, he offered me a job.

End of POV.

-"What? A job?" she said.

-"Yes, a job" he replied.

-"What kind of job?" Laura said.

-"I want you to be my baiter" he responded.

-"A baiter? You want me to attract men?" she said.

-"Yes" he said.

-"And what makes you think I will agree?" she replied.

-"The pay is really good" he said.

-"Ok, you got my attention"she said.

-"You will come to the bar here and lure the man out to the back door" he said.

-"Then what?" she said.

-"I will take care of the rest" he replied.

-"Ok and who will be the men?" she asked.

-"I will tell you who they are before every job" he said.

-"Job? What is this, the Mafia?" she said laughing.

-"Yes, I'm the leader of the Italian Mafia" he implied.

-"Oh! I didn't know" she said.

-"Well now you do, so are you in or not?" he asked her.

-"Yes" she said.

-"There is no way out. Once you're in the Mafia, the only way out is by death" he replied.

-"I understand" she said.

-"Good, now, for the rules" he added.

-"Rules?" she said.

-"Yes rules, rule number one, you will live at my mansion. Rule number two, you will not be allowed to leave the house without my permission. Rule number three, you won't be able to see other people" he said.

-"Why can't I see other people?" she asked.

-"Because I said so" he added.

-"Ok fine but I need to get my stuff from my apartment" she said.

-"No need, all you will need, I will pay for" he said.

-"No! Everything I need is in my apartment, no need for new stuff" she said.

-"I insist, now let's go" he said, taking her by the waist, holding her close to him.

They got out of the bar and got into his car. He said something to one of his men and sat down in the driver's seat. She was in the passenger's seat. He started driving and he glanced a couple of times at her. She was really beautiful. She had long brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. She wasn't skinny like all the girls he slept with. She was more natural and a little curvy. Just perfect for him, just like he liked his woman. He never slept with a girl that he found attractive. He couldn't stop having dirty thoughts about her. Thinking of her naked, under him, he got a little too excited. He began to feel his shaft hardening. He gripped the wheel harder and thought about something that disgusted him. That thing is his best friend having sex. It worked every time. They finally arrived in his driveway.