42

The day of Amelia's birthday had finally came.

Usually this day was spent extravagantly, either somewhere abroad or maybe at a swanky hotel. However this year was different. Amelia's father didn't really want to celebrate her birthday this year, but Amelia had put her foot down. She was finally leaving her teenage years behind and entering adulthood, this was a cause for celebration.

Amelia's birthday party was already set up on the whole bottom floor of the Blackwell residence.

Annabella had organised for a event planner to come to the house and decorate each corner perfectly for Amelia's birthday.

Amelia had spent the day being pampered in her bedroom in await for the celebrations later in the evening. Her father had arranged for a masseuse, nail technician, hairdresser and make up artist to entertain Amelia for the day.

Unfortunately Amelia hadn't seen Santiago all day. She was still riding high off of the perfect night she had with him in the clearing. He had called her perfect. Anytime Amelia thought over the night she had an attack of butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

Santiago made Amelia feel like her authentic self. She never felt as though she had to put on a façade in front of him. She never had to pretend to be anything other than herself. Her thoughts and emotions conflicted Amelia to no end. To start with Santiago was supposed to be something fun and flirty. Something Amelia could sink her teeth into and then forget about. But instead she thought of him every single day.

The main source of confliction for Amelia was the fact that Santiago was a taken man. Even if he didn't particularly like his fiancé, he was still taken. That alone went against Amelia's morals, but when it comes to Santiago, her morals went out the window.

Amelia hoped that Santiago wouldn't bring his fiancé to her party tonight. She wanted to have all of his attention, even if they couldn't show it in public. She was sure that Santiago would die when he saw her in her dress.

Amelia had decided to wear a floor length, silk red dress. It was figure hugging yet still classy.

The noise from downstairs alerted Amelia to the fact the party was starting. She sat opposite a mirror as a hair and makeup team got to work on her look for the night. Nothing too over the top, subtle make up with a striking red lip to match her dress.

The sound of her bedroom door knocking brought Amelia out of her hairspray infused daze.  In walked Amelia's father with his all too intimidating presence, dressed in an all black suit.

"Hey dad" Amelia said with a smile.

"Hey Princess" he smiled quickly before giving a dark look to the hair and makeup artists. They made no delay in quickly leaving the father and daughter alone in Amelia's room.

Amelia rolled her eyes as the bedroom door closed. "Dad, do you have to be so rude to people?" she asked.

"How was I rude? I didn't say anything to them." he defended.

Amelia gave her father a pointed look before getting up from her seat to pull out her shoes. "What's wrong?" Amelia asked.

"Nothing is wrong sweetheart, I just wanted to remind you to be careful tonight." he said with a small frown on his face.

"Yeah Dad I know, there's a stalker on the loose bla, bla bla. I'm seriously sick of living my life like this now. Do we not have any leads on who this guy is?" Amelia asked with her arms folded.

"Not yet Princess but we will. We've been following leads and personally visiting homes with dodgy IP addresses connected to your social media accounts, but nothing has come up yet. I promise this wont be for much longer." Noah gave Amelia a smile before holding his arms out for a hug.