39

It was a Friday night, and instead of guarding the Blackwell house Santiago was sat at a bar, enjoying a well deserved drink with Vinny and Pauly.

After weeks of stress looking after Amelia, there was finally good news that would hopefully bring them straight to the stalkers door.

The Blackwell Enterprises tech team had been set with the task of analysing all Amelia's social media activity. Millions of likes, comments, messages, Retweets and Shares had been analysed and searched for any threatening behaviour. The data had led them to 40 Instagram accounts that could potentially be a threat to Amelia.

Amelia's father had decided to vet out every single one of the potential threats. The next stage of the plan was for the IP addresses to be sent to Noah then, a home visit.

Although it wasn't much news the three bodyguards had decided to have a drink to celebrate being one step closer. Technology always wins.

Santiago could feel himself getting drunk as he downed his 5th shot of whiskey. Both Vinny and Pauly were right there with him, already requesting more drinks.

"I've made a complete mess of things, I knew I shouldn't have started anything with Amelia. There I said it, something has been going on." Santiago had decided to throw himself a pity party. Neither Pauly or Vinny could bring themselves to point out the obvious, they already knew.

"Don't be so melodramatic Santiago, it's not a mess. Boss doesn't know and neither does Rebecca, it could be worse." Pauly said trying to console him in his own way.

"Fuck." Santiago slapped his hand over his face as his life flashed before his eyes. "Ripper is going to kill me when he finds out."

"Don't let him find out then." Vinny said. "Unless you're serious about Amelia." He added.

Santiago pushed out a scoff before trying to relax in his chair. "I do not want to be serious with Amelia, she's 19 years old."

"She'll be 20 in two weeks." Vinny stated.

"Doesn't fucking matter, she's still too young. Plus I'm getting married. Plus Ripper will kill me. Too much mess."

Santiago had felt somber since his last talk with Amelia. The conversation was left uneasy and they hadn't spoken since. Now that he had some alcohol in his system he was debating whether he should go see her. Or at least give her a call.

"What do you want then Santiago? Because you seem pretty upset you've stopped 'seeing' Amelia, but you can't be bothered to do anything about it." Vinny said. Santiago could feel himself getting frustrated with Amelia's sidekick.

"Do something like what?." Santiago snapped.

Vinny took a deep breath before speaking again, "How about telling her the truth about Rebecca? Or Ben?"

"I can't, it won't make a difference anyway. I can't back out on my promise to Ben." Santiago's voice was quieter as his mind thought over his promise to Ben. A promise that now felt like a burden. 'You make my sister happy, please look after her' those were the last things Ben said to Santiago. Santiago promised he would carry it to the grave.

"Fernandez I get what you're trying to do but you need to live for yourself. I'm sure your friend would want you to be happy, Rebecca too. You guys make each other miserable, you're not making his sister happy any more." Pauly nodded, satisfied with his inspirational speech.

Santiago kept quiet as he digested the words. Once again his mind took him to thinking about Amelia. Pauly and Vinny spoke amongst themselves as Santiago got out his phone. He decided there was no harm done by looking at her Instagram. Santiago had never felt the need to be on the app until a few months ago. This being the only thing he uses it for.

The first post on his timeline was a video Amelia had posted today. Not caring about the volume Santiago pressed play, a smile forming as he watched Amelia filming a cooking tutorial. Santiago noted how stunning she looked in a simple jumpsuit.

The motion of Vinny clapping his hand in front of Santiago's face snapped him out of his Amelia filled bubble.

"You've got it bad Fernandez." Pauly said, shaking his head at the hazy eyed fool.

"I get where you're coming from though Santiago." Vinny said. Santiago's jaw clenched slightly as he waited for Vinny to continue.

"Amelia is a beautiful girl."

Pauly chuckled quietly as he watched Santiago tense at Vinny's words.

"If I were straight I'd definitely fall for her too."

This time both Santiago and Pauly's mouths dropped open in realisation. Vinny laughed as he took in their expressions.

"Di che cazzo parli?" Pauly spoke.

"The cat is out the bag, I am a fully fledged gay man." Vinny announced proudly. "Im surprised you didn't guess already."

"I really need to be more perceptive, I didn't see it coming." Santiago said. He was truly surprised that Vinny was gay, he never had mentioned it before, at all. Santiago had no problems with homosexuality, if anything the news had made him feel in good spirits. For some reason.

"You know what Vin thanks for sharing. I've always thought us as good friends."

Santiago sent both his friends a big smile before they all took another shot.