37

Amelia was almost 20 years old. In her whole 19 years of living, she had never seen her dad truly angry. Especially not directed at her. Of course recently things had been tense, but Noah never truly took any of that anger out on Amelia.

But when Santiago dragged Amelia back home after escaping to Miami Inn, Amelia really saw what it was like to be at the receiving end of her dads fury.

Her mother didn't even attempt to help her as Noah screamed in her face. Shouting about how careless, stupid and naive she was. Threatening to destroy everything he had ever bought her. He even saved some of his rant for Santiago, for not keeping a better eye on Amelia.

Her father scolded her for a solid 2 hours before finally coming to a close. Letting Amelia know how disappointed in her he was. But also, that she was grounded for the foreseeable future.

This time Amelia couldn't even plead her case. She knew deep down that she deserved everything her dad threw her way. She avoided looking over at her disappointed mother.

Finally when Noah had calmed down, Santiago filled her parents in on what exactly had happened, from start to finish.

Noah wasn't at all impressed to hear they had threw the box away. Amelia tried to explain that it was filled with creepy crawlies, but neither her father nor mother, wanted to hear from her that night.

In fact, she was sent to bed.

Amelia woke up the next morning feeling down. The first thing on her mind was to think of a way she could get her parents to forgive her. The more she thought about her decision to go to the Inn, the stupider she felt. She was sure she'd be able to be back in her parents good graces by the end of the day. Maybe the end of the week.

In no hurry to leave her room, Amelia casually took the time to scroll through her phone. She had not one text message from any one of her 'friends'.

Lucy had messaged Amelia about visiting Happy Days some time soon, making the anxiousness Amelia had been holding down bubble to the surface.

Her dad had promised to take care of the girls at the home, making sure there were security around in case the unknown man decided to make good on his promise. But still, Amelia couldn't help but feel unnerved at the possibility of something happening to any one of them.

Scrolling through instagram Amelia spotted a photo Elijah had uploaded the night before. A selfie of him and May, smiling into the camera looking like the perfect couple. As much as she hated Elijah right now, she couldn't deny the photo was cute. She quickly gave Elijah's photo a like before turning off her phone.

It was a Saturday and Amelia had no plans. This was a first for her, and the foreign feeling wasn't welcome.

After a solid hour of wallowing in bed, looking at nothing in particular, Amelia decided enough was enough.

She lived in a mansion, with endless amounts of things to keep her occupied. One being a studio that she hadn't used in years. Feeling in the mood to do something active, Amelia got ready and threw on her old dance kit, a pale pink leotard with the tights to match.

As Amelia made her way downstairs she could hear Santiago watching TV quietly in the living room. Feeling determined she decided not to disturb him, heading straight to the studio.

As soon as she entered the room Amelia felt nostalgic. She spent majority of her childhood in the studio perfecting her ballet. It was still the exact same. The floor to ceiling mirrors covered every wall in the room. The barre still stood sturdy in the middle of the room. Over to the side was Amelia's shoe rack with her ballet pumps still perfectly lined up. In minutes Amelia had a pair of pumps on her feet, doing some basic stretches on the floor.