Prologue

The beat of the loud music pumped through Amelia's veins as she knocked back another shot. Her worries of wrecking her family home a thought of the past as she watched more strangers enter her house.

She feigned gratefulness as the guests congratulated her on securing her new world wide ad campaign.

As she observed the people in her home she realised she didn't have a clue who half of them were. Sure there were familiar faces but no one stood out or grabbed Amelia's attention.

She manoeuvred her way through the large home in an attempt at finding Elijah. Eli was her best friend and the only person she felt she could let her guard down around.

She walked through her house oozing confidence and poise. A small smile formed on her lips as she drank in all the people watching her. The music was loud and the drinks were flowing, but yet all anybody could concentrate on was her.

She loved it.

Deciding to get another drink to top up her buzz, she made her way to the basement. The basement was off limits to those who didn't know Amelia personally. Seen as Eli wasn't anywhere to be found in the house, he must be down there.

As she walked in she saw Eli and Oliver, both entertaining a couple of scantily dressed wannabe Barbies.

Amelia's lips pursed as she watched one of them throw themselves all over Eli. Jealousy wan't the right word to describe the way she was feeling watching the pair. The right word would have been more along the lines of, frustrated.

She had thought there would have been at least one 6ft hunk here to take care of her needs at this party. But unfortunately it was full of wannabe rappers who wanted a taste of the sweet Amelia Blackwell.

If she wasn't going to get lucky tonight then Eli definitely wasn't.

Finally making herself known she strutted into the basement. Attention on her, just the way she liked it.

"Eli, you know downstairs is only for special guests" she said. Her eyes straight on Eli, not paying mind to the others in the room.

Before Eli could respond Oliver threw the girl he had off his lap. "We're sorry darlin, we'll get them out of your hair right now" he said with haste. Looking at both girls and then the door. It took them a while but they finally left.

"Thanks Oli, you know I like to keep down here private" Amelia said, batting her eyelashes at the love sick fool.

Oliver was Elijah's close friend. Amelia was very cautious about who she let in her inner circle, but Eli had vouched for Oliver so she didn't mind letting him hang around her every once in a while.

When he was drunk a few years ago he admitted he had a crush on her. Amelia of course loved hearing things like this and told him they could be friends. Oliver took whatever she would give him, just wanting to be near her every now and again.

"Why don't you give me and Eli a second down here Oli" Amelia instructed, batting her eyelashes slightly at Oliver.

As excepted he dashed out the room, leaving the two best friends alone.

"You need to stop toying with Oliver like that Ammy, you know he likes you" Eli said, shaking his head as he poured two drinks for them.