25

"So tell me, what's a handsome guy like you doing in a bar all alone?"

Amelia never took her eyes off of Santiago as she gracefully sat down on the bar stool. Her dress reached down to the floor, with one of her legs exposed through the slit as she crossed them. Santiagos eyes immediately fell to the exposed skin.

"It been a busy week, I thought I'd treat myself to a little pick me up." Santiago said, holding up his nearly empty glass. "Can I get you a drink?" He asked.

Amelia wasn't too sure whether he'd play along with her little game, but she knew he had accepted her challenge as the words left his mouth. "That would be great. I'll take a glass of Rose please. Large." She said with a smile on her face.

She watched as Santiago ordered a couple more drinks from the bartender. She couldn't get over how good he looked in his suit. She already knew he was bound to look heavenly, but seeing him right now exceeded all of her expectations.

"Shall we cheers?" He asked, pushing the wine towards her. She nodded her head in agreement, "Sure, what shall we cheers to?"

He took a moment to think before catching his dates eye over her glass, "let's cheers to Italy, and all the possibilities it holds."

Amelia nodded her head and softly clanked their glasses together, the both of them maintaining eye contact as they took their first sip.

"So, have you ever been here before?" She asked, getting slightly more comfortable in their little set up.

"Where to this bar?" He asked.

"No, to Italy. It's a beautiful country and I've always wanted to visit. So this is kind of a dream come true for me." She explained.

"No, I've never been to Italia before. I've travelled to many places, but never here."

"So it's a first for the both of us then. I do detect a slight accent though, where are you from?" Amelia asked. Of course she already knew that he was from Spain but for the sake of their night, she wanted to ask anything and everything she could.

"Ah you could tell? I'm from Espana. Although it's been some time since I last visited. My Madre keeps busting my balls about visiting her." He started to laugh slightly, looking over to Amelia to see she had a smile on her face.

"Then you should go, I couldn't imagine being away from home for too long."

"And where is home for you hermosa?" He asked.

"Oo you'll have to help me here, what's hermosa?" She asked, trying to say it with as much Spanish flare as she could muster up.

"See, I can't tell you that. If you want to understand Spanish, you need to learn it." He said chuckling under his breath at the pout forming on her lips.

"Okay you've inspired me, once I'm home I'll teach myself some Spanish. I think it might actually come in handy more than I realise." She caught his eyes as she took a sip of her wine, her tongue darting out across the glass to savour the small droplets.

"So, where is home for you?" He asked again, trying to keep the tone light and his focus away from her mouth.

"Miami, born and bred. I love it there, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else."