35

On Friday morning Amelia couldn't shake the anxious feeling deep in her stomach. She'd hardly been able to look her family in the face all week. She had already decided she would go and meet the unknown man. Of course she knew it was a stupid decision, but threat made against Happy Days was at the forefront of her mind. Amelia gathered that if she could possibly go and find out who was behind all this, it could finally be put to rest.

Pauly's time at the house was coming to and end and Santiago would be ready to start his next 3 day shift soon. Amelia had noticed that instead of the three men going in a fair rotation, Santiago always had shifts in-between the two. Pauly-Santiago-Vinny-Santiago-Pauly-Santiago-Vinny-Santiago.

Amelia's mother had explained that Santiago felt he was still the main man on the case and therefore wanted to be around incase anything happened. Deep down Amelia wanted to believe it was because he wanted to see her, but she wasn't that naive. The man was just truly dedicated to his job, so she thought anyway.

Friday evening came around and Amelia had barely left her room. It was 5pm, she had exactly 2 hours to pluck up the courage and go to Miami Inn.

She already had it planned out- pretend to be sick, sneak out the back door, get a cab to the Inn. Easy peasy.

Amelia had thought ahead and pre-recorded a video of herself resting in bed to post on her Instagram later in the evening.

She sat in the middle of her large bedroom, crossed legged as she tried to meditate. She breathed in deeply pushing her body to calm down as the minutes ticked by. If Elijah hadn't been such an ass then Amelia would've asked him to come with her, but instead she was going it alone.

A knock at her bedroom door pulled Amelia from her meditation. "Who is it?" she called, not moving an inch.

"Santa." replied the deep voice on the other side of the door. Amelia shot up from her spot in a second, not wanting to see Santiago tonight.

"Umm don't come in, I'm not decent." She said. Not a lie, Amelia was currently sat in fluffy pyjamas and a green face mask covering her face.

Thinking he had got the message Amelia started to settle back down on the floor, just as her bedroom door opened to reveal Santiago standing there looking sexy as ever in his usual getup.

"I said I wasn't decent you perv." Amelia shrieked. She quickly turned away from him, internally cursing herself for not wearing sexy pyjamas to meditate.

"I heard, I just assumed something was wrong. Since when does Amelia Blackwell not want me to see her in an indecent or compromising position?" Santiago asked, his voice getting closer to Amelia as he walked over to her.

She could feel the heat of his body behind her. "I'm not feeling great Santiago, could you leave please?" she fringed.

Santiago stood still for a moment, this was the first time in a long time that Amelia had called him by his name. Deciding he wasn't in the mood for vagueness or games, Santiago pulled Amelia up by her shoulders, turning her to face him.

Amelia didn't miss the amused look on his face as his eyes roamed over the green face mask.

"You look like Shrek." He said bluntly.

Amelia narrowed her eyes at him as she scoffed, looking around to find something to throw at his head.

"I'm playing with you 'Melia, don't worry." Santiago took a quick scan of her room to see if anything was out of place.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing is wrong, I'm just not feeling too well." She said, not quite meeting his eyes.