31

Amelia had to do some serious convincing for her dad to allow Vinny to continue with his job and stay at their house for his allocated 3 days.

Noah was convinced Vinny would abuse his position and sneak into his daughters room at night. Amelia couldn't outright tell her dad there was no chance of that happening because Vinny was 100% gay, so instead she gave him her best puppy dog eyes and he agreed.

Amelia loved having Vinny at her house. He had a great way of being able to his job properly, but also keeping Amelia thoroughly entertained.

At the end of Vinny's 3rd day he needed to escort Amelia to lunch before swapping out with Santiago. It was supposed to be Pauly's turn but the shifts had been changed between the men.

Amelia sat up front in the SUV as Vinny drove her to meet Elijah.

"I'm going to miss you the rest of this week Vin, can't you just work for a coupe of extra days?" Amelia asked sulking from her seat.

"Amelia you know you don't mean that, Santiago's meeting us to take over after lunch." Vinny reminded.

"Yeah I remember, I just don't care. He's so hot and cold all the time, I can't keep up with him." She stared out the car window as she tried not to overthink her situation with Santiago.

"He has got a fiancé remember, the whole situation seems pretty complicated. This is why I don't get involved with women."

"No, you don't get involved with women because you love sucking dick." Vinny playfully slapped Amelia in the arm, saying nothing because she was right.

It wasn't long before Vinny and Amelia walked through the diner side by side to meet Elijah. Vinny had on his serious face as they manoeuvred through the tables and to a booth.

As soon as Amelia locked eyes with Eli she could tell something was off. His face didn't light up as usual when he saw her, instead his jaw tightened as she walked over.

She sent Vinny a quick smile before taking a seat opposite Eli.

"Hey Eli, what's up?" Amelia asked apprehensively.

Eli took a deep breath before speaking. "Who's that? Where's your usual bodyguard?"

"He'll be here after. What's wrong with you? I can tell somethings wrong." Amelia spoke softly to him as she waited for an answer. Seeing Eli angry or upset was never fun, Amelia was usually the one who could make things better.

"Is everything okay with May?" She asked.

"Everything is fine with May. I did go to see Oliver yesterday though. He'd been quiet these past few days, when I saw him I realised why."

Amelia nervously bit her lip as Elijah stared her down. Guilt bubbled in her stomach as she tried to find the right thing to say. Oliver had been hurt because of her.

"What was wrong with him?" She asked calmly.

The sound of Elijah's fist slamming against the table caused Amelia to jump, Vinny automatically stood up from his table behind them. She quickly shot him a look making him sit back down hastily.

"Sorry Amelia but don't act stupid, we both know you're not dumb. You and your crazy dad got your bodyguards to beat the shit out of him." Amelia was a little taken back by Elijah's attitude and his words. He knew nothing of the situation.

"That's not what happened Eli-"

"Please do tell me what Oliver could've done to earn himself two black eyes, a broken arm and a stab wound in his leg? I know he's a little intense but come on Amelia, he's my friend you've gone too far."