12

Amelia stood in front of her mirror on the tip of her toes as she debated the dress she had on. Tonight was the dinner date with Marco and she wanted to make a good impression. At the beach he was both charming and funny, she couldn't deny the fact he was also extremely good looking.

When he asked her out for dinner she thought it would be rude to say no. Not every day does a sexy Italian boy want to take you to his uncles restaurant. Amelia was usually hesitant with accepting dates from strangers, but for Marco she'd make an exception. He had the most amazing grey eyes which were very unique, so Amelia decided to give him the time of day.

He could be exactly what she needed to take her mind off of a certain Spanish native who was invading her thoughts.

Amelia couldn't get the images of Santiago at the beach out her head. He had been teasing her all day sitting there with his top half unbuttoned. Amelia wanted nothing more than to sit across his lap and have a good stroke of his hard, tanned abs.

He could've been a model of some sorts because every woman at the beach had her eyes on Santiago yesterday. Even now the next day Amelia was still thinking about how much she wanted, needed a piece of him.

This is why the date with Marco would be perfect.

"Can you hear me Amelia? I said you look great. Maybe a tad overdressed, but still." Lucy's voice sounded from Amelias phone.

They were currently FaceTiming to go over the details for Italy. Amelia needed to get ready for the date and Lucy was helping her accessorise. 

"Yeah I'm definitely overdressed but you know me, I have to make a statement every time I leave my house. At least if things go south today he'll always have this lasting vision of me in his memory" Amelia said as she straightened her hair.

"I wish I had your confidence Amelia. I don't even remember the last time Sam and I went on a date. And when we did, it was a strictly jeans and a t-shirt affair." Amelia could tell Lucy sounded deflated. This was a reason why she stayed single for so long, she didn't need a man to make her feel like crap.

"Listen Lucy you're extremely hot and you don't need me to tell you that. Tell Sam to put some more effort in or kick his ass to the curb. To be honest I don't even know why you're with him, you could do better." Amelia said.

"I know you mean well but don't say that, he's a good guy deep down. Plus he's only downstairs he might hear you." Lucy sat on the other side of her phone nursing a glass of wine as she watched Amelia get ready.

There was only a 5 year age difference between the two but Amelia was always someone Lucy knew she could talk to. She was wise for her age and surprisingly she had a lot of life experience. At first she was hesitant to take a job managing a 17 year old, but two years later Lucy counted Amelia as a genuine friend and working with her was just a plus.

"Hey I'm gonna go down to Happy Days tomorrow to drop some things off, do you wanna meet me there?" Amelia asked. She applied the final layer of lipstick as she stared at her reflection through the mirror. She looked good. Flawless even.

"Yes good idea, it's been ages since we last went. I'll meet you tomorrow okay, then you can fill me in on your date." Lucy said excitedly.

"Who's going on a date?"

"Amelia is, say hi."

Amelia put on the best fake smile she could as Lucy's boyfriend popped up on the camera. She said quick goodbyes to the pair, telling Lucy she'd text her tomorrow.

After taking a multitude of photo's to post on Instagram tomorrow, Amelia took a last look in the mirror. Tonight she wore a daring rose gold dress. It was off the shoulder and cinched at the waist, the bottom half giving a mesh effect so you could see right through to underneath the dress. Rose gold was Amelia's signature colour, the dress glistened against her sun-kissed skin. With the perfect shoes to match she was finally ready to go see Marco.

She made her way downstairs to be greeted by her dad and two brothers. All with scowls on their faces as they appraised her.

"Go back upstairs and change." Her fathers words left no room for argument. So Amelia ignored him.

"Why are you going out on a date when some bastard was in your room not even a week ago?" Nixon asked.

"Language Nixon!" their mother shouted from the kitchen.

"How did she hear that?" Nikolai said to Nixon. Nixon shrugged at his twin before turning back to Amelia, waiting for an answer.

"Because Nixxy, I'm not going to let whoever that was make me live my life in fear." Amelia answered.

"It's not living your life in fear, it's being careful." Nikolai added.

Amelia rolled her eyes at her brothers. The twins were 14 years old and sometimes it was like having 3 dads under one roof.

"Your brothers are right. I'm in two minds to call Santiago and tell him not to bother coming to take you." Noah said.

The sound of the door knocking prevented Amelia from getting into any bickers with her family. She would end up going on the date, she always got her way - no matter what.

Amelia shot the men in her family a sarcastic smile as she went to open the door.

There was nothing more satisfying to Amelia than seeing Santiagos face as she opened the door. The look on his face confirming she looked more than good. His mouth parted slightly as his eyes draped slowly up and down her body. When he finished observing her their eyes met and Amelia was confident in that moment, that Santiago wanted her.

"Santiago come inside, we have things to discuss." Her fathers words came breaking them out their heated gaze.

Santiago slowly turned his head as he made his way inside the house.

"Don't take too long Dad, I have places to be." Amelia said.

Her dad rolled his eyes before he led Santiago to his study. Amelia already knew what was going to be said. Make sure you don't leave her side. Make sure that little punk doesn't touch her. Don't take your eyes off of her. Make sure you give it to her good when you finall-.

Okay maybe not the last one.

Amelia's mother was happy that she was going on a date and wanted to hear all the details when she came back home.

The meeting between the two men only lasted around 10 minutes before Santiago and Amelia were out the door, into the car, and on their way to supposedly the best Italian Restaurant on the coast.