Chapter Seven

We head to the beach that looks pretty much barren, except for a few old people walking and holding hands along the water side. The sand feels cool on my bear feet after Axel of course made me remove my shoes saying it would be more romantic this way? It's weird that he thinks I'll fall for him just by walking along the beach.

I glance over at him as we continue to walk, he let go of my hand now so I'm just walking freely beside him.

"You're not afraid I'll run away?"

"Run away?" He asks looking over at me and raising an eyebrow, "No. Where would you run to? We're in the middle of no where."

"Yes but there must be a place somewhere here, there is an old couple over there."

He goes quiet as he looks up watch the two make their way further down the beach.

"What?" I ask following his eyes.

"Nothing. We are supposed to walk along the beach ourselves." He begins heading to the water side leaving me standing there for a few seconds as I contemplate running away, I glance at the path in which we came then both ways along the beach then sigh as I look at Axel's back, okay so I know he kidnapped me and everything but dang, he's a ten in booty central.

I shake my head and walk over to him, I mean he's right, I don't really have a place to run to and he's just trying to be 'romantic'... not that I'll fall for it or anything because who would fall for that, it's not like this is a book about guy romance.

"It's so calming." I hear him say as I step beside him.

"What?"

"The sounds of the waves and the ocean breeze, it makes me forget all the wrongs that I've ever done."

I just nod and look back at the sparkling water and the setting sun in the distance filling the sky with a light pink and beautiful orange. I have to admit it was a pretty calming thing.

"Let's walk then." He reaches down and takes my hand in his, softly in a way that if I wanted to pull away right then he would have aloud it to happen but I don't. Not because I like it or anything.... definitely not that.

We walk along the beach for a while, with just the sounds of the island and it's creatures. Until he stops abruptly.

"What?" I ask stopping along with him.

He lets go of my hand and looks back at the sky that has become a navy blue filled with dozens of twinkling stars. Then his gaze shifts down at me, still he stays silent.

"Axel?"

He smiles oddly then looks away shaking his head as he looks down the beach. "Nothing I'm sorry. Let's go back."

I nod on the outside but I feel very confused as we begin making our way back he doesn't touch my hand again this time.

**************

The next day I wake up alone, in a new room. It's not back at the old house or anywhere in the beach house. I pull at my arms but hear the clanging of chains as my arms stay in place. I do the same with my legs getting the same result.

I begin to scream for help but no words want to come out before a dark figure steps over to me right beside the bed.... no table I'm chained to sharpening a knife.

"Good morning, Winter. How are you?" He smiles down at me bringing his race closer into the light. He looked a lot like me except better. His face was flawless and his voice was deeper. He smiles as I examine him.

"What's wrong?" He asked touching the sharp side of the knife with his finger. "Cat got your tongue?" He moves the knife to my lips the smile never leaving his lips. "Not like it matters you can't call for help. No one will hear you."

He moves the knife down along my face before moving it and making a small cut in my cheek. The pain feels more than real as the blood begins to drip down the side of my face. I hear him chuckle wipeing the blade with a cloth. He then moves it back to my neck.

"I could do it you know." He smiles getting closer to my face. "I could do it and no one would care. They all like me better. You're mom, you're dad, Pennie, Omar,... Axel." He presses the knife down harder onto my neck. "Don't you want that Winter? To be liked and accepted by everyone? If you're gone I can do that." He touches a hand on my face. "Too bad you'll never be like me." He chuckles before pulling the knife away. "So, Let's just say goodbye then, yes?" He moves the knife to his other hand lifting it up. "Everyone will be more happy like this." He says before bringing the knife down.

***********

Right before it hit me my eyes opened quickly and I'm once again in bed on the island. Beside me Axel is sleeping quietly facing the other way seeming to have not noticed my sudden movement. I pant a few times before getting out of bed. Going towards the bathroom.

I quickly splash water on my face then look at my face in the mirror. This isn't the first time I've had this dream, but it's the first time it progressed into something like that and my heart doesn't want to stop beating so fast.

"Something wrong?" Axel asks from behind be as he leans against the door frame.

"No.. Nothing." I smile turning around to him. "Just a little nightmare." I laugh.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Oh, No I'll be fine."

"Well If you say so. But I would kill anyone before they got the chance to hurt you so don't worry about it." He smiles.

"Thank you, Axel. That's so kind of you." I laugh looking up to him.

He nods, "Yes. Well, wanna head back to bed?"

I look out the window at the pitch black that is still outside. "Yes. I'll be there in just a second."

"Alright." he says with a yawn before moving back to the bed.

I walk over and close the bathroom door locking it, then look back at my face in the mirror.

"What if it was myself?" I ask silently recalling Axel's earlier statement. Then shake my head quickly. "It was just a dream, it's not real." I splash my face with water one more time before heading back out of the bathroom getting into bed with Axel.

He then moves closer and pulls me into a hug.

"I'll try to make it so you never have another bad dream again." He whispered tiredly as he kisses my head.

I laugh to myself as I hear him fall silent as he drifts off to sleep. I look up at his sleeping face, I can't like him or accept his love... who would love someone who kidnapped them? It's wrong isn't it? I sigh and look back at the large window beside the bed showing the ocean in the distance. Slowly falling back to sleep.

****************

The next morning, for real this time, the sun from outside shines right in my face. I open my eyes slowly and look over to Axel who was sitting on the bed next to me typing on his laptop. His gaze shifts down to me as I roll over.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well? No more nightmares?"

"Uh yes, thank you." I say sitting up.

"Good." He smiles closing his laptop and ruffling my hair before getting out of bed.

"Now hurry and get dressed I have something I want to show you." He gets out of bed taking his laptop with him and walks out of the house.

I yawn and lazily get out of bed as he asked me and begin to get dressed. I fix my hair and brush my teeth before heading outside to see him talking to one of the men that was dressed in a suit.

He stops and turns to me smiling, "Ready, Winter?" He asks walking over to take my hand in his. "I thought of you when I designed this. So I really can't wait to show you." He smiles leading me down a brick path. I wonder what it so spacial that he has to show me first thing in the morning?

[Hey guys!! So I have decided that if not more I am going to try to update this book once every 22nd of the month. Sound good to you? But I also just recently got a job so let's hope that doesn't effect my game plan. ANYWHO thank you for reading, I love reading the comments they give me life so please feel free to comment anything. Also Sorry about the whole nightmare thing I've been told I can have a pretty twisted mind.... And yeah.... Sorry. That's all for now thanks again! ^-^]