Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri

Hello, lovelies! I'm attempting a schedule for my stories, so hopefully, a chapter will come out every/every other week! Thank you for being so patient🙌

You awoke from your sleep by the sounds of something being smacked. You rubbed your eyes to rid them of sleep and looked around to see the butterfly girls smacking Tanjiro with wooden carpet beaters. A sigh came from you and made you flip over in your sheets, causing a loud creak to emit from the bed. Despite your wishes, Tanjiro insisted this would be a great way to keep his total concentration breathing up during the night.

You didn't see it the same way, because it was causing you to wake up every couple of minutes, it kept the girls awake all night, and Tanjiro was sure to have some bruises after this exercise – it wasn't exactly an evenly balanced idea. Nonetheless, you were able to get some sleep that night and began your training routine the next morning.

Training continued in the rehabilitation room, you could feel yourself returning to regular health with increased stamina. Your total concentration breathing was helping you last longer in exercises. You were close to holding it the entire day, and you felt more rested after waking up. Hopefully, it was a sign your breathing was holding for most of the night.

You even trained outside of the rehabilitation room with Tanjiro, agreeing to show each other your own techniques you learned. Tanjiro's techniques consisted of more endurance tests, running on the bamboo walls around the mansion, holding boulders for weights, and weaving through trees. Your training was more focused on flexibility and agility which helped you move more fluidly or faster in battle.

Tanjiro and yourself had just finished working out in the rehabilitation room. Your bare feet felt rough against the wooden floor, partially because you were running around for most of the day. You stared out the windows at the end of the room and watched the pink sky outside.

Your focus was changed to Aoi, who huffed and crossed her arms in front of you. For a split second, you believed you had spaced off for too long, but Tanjiro directed his body language to the door. You turned around and saw Zenitsu and Inoskue peeking through the cracked door.

You smiled and waved at the boys, happy to see them outside of their beds or wandering around. Looking closer at them you noticed dirt and mud on their face. Before long they scurred out of sight.

Aoi spoke and brought your attention back to her, "I'm not helping you with them." She stated.

The next day, early in the morning, you decided to visit Inosuke and Zenitsu who were in their respected beds.

"Zenitsu? Inosuke?"

The blond yelped in surprise at your sudden presence at the door.

"(Y/N)? Wh-what are you doing here? Aren't you training?"

You stepped through the door frame and shook your head. "I took a break to come to check on you. I'm worried about the way you're treating yourselves."

Zenitsu furrowed his eyebrows at your answer. He tilted his head to the side and his bird watched him complete the action. His finch turned to you and titled his head the same way as his owner.

You smiled at the two, "What I mean is you can't lie around all day and expect a good result. If you want to get back out and help more people then you have to try and improve. And, well, I suppose..." You sauntered over next to Zenitsu's bed, coming around and petting his finch's head with your finger. "I miss seeing you all day."