Swordsman Accompanying a Demon

Things to know:

(A/N: Author's Note)

Thoughts

"(Y/N)!! WAKE UP!" A scratchy voice and a constant sharp object poked at your face.

You groaned and rubbed your eyes, seeing your messenger bird next to your bed. "Really? It's not even light out yet!"

"Demons don't come out at the daytime! You need to head north for your first job!"

Sighing, you sat up in your bed and stretched. "All right, all right. Give me a minute to get ready."

After your mission, you headed out of the building you were in. Having to take down a few demons in the same place was tiring, and it had only just become morning.

"(Y/N)! TIME FOR YOUR NEXT JOB!" Your crow shouted.

You jumped back in surprise, "Could you not scream? I'm still jumpy from that mission!"

The bird told you about your next job, reports of girls were going missing in a town nearby.

"Are we sure it's not just some creepy man looking for a bride or something?" You questioned, putting your sword in your guitar.

They nodded, "Yes! We are certain that it is a demon! And it won't just be you, another member of the corp will assist you!"

You raised your eyebrow, "Another member? Well, who is it?"

"Follow me and I will give you more information!" The bird flew in the sky and started heading west.

"You know, somehow I'm not surprised this bird can talk...."

~Tanjiro POV~

I was helping Kazumi find his lost fiancé, sniffing around to find the scent of the demon that abducted her.

"Tanjiro?"

I lifted my head to see (Y/N). They had a lavender-colored haori with their guitar on their back.

"Oh, hello (Y/N)!" I smiled and stood up from the ground. I told them about the situation.

They nodded and explained that they were going to help me. "I'll let you do your thing, you looked pretty deep in thought anyway!"

I nodded and continued following the scent of the demon around. Once it was finally sundown, the scent got stronger. I told (Y/N) about it and jumped on top of the buildings. As I ran across them, (Y/N) was able to keep up from the ground.

I made it to the street that the scent was strongest and pulled out my sword.

"Tanjiro!" I turned to see (Y/N) rounding the corner, pointing at the ground. "Stab your sword right at your feet, that's where the demon is!"

I nodded and lined my sword up, stabbing it into the ground. Suddenly, a small puddle opened from the ground and a girl came out. I grabbed her and jumped back.

Your POV

As you neared closer to Tanjiro, you could sense the heartbeat of a demon and a human one underground. You told Tanjiro where to stab his sword. He did so and grabbed a girl out of the hole that formed.

The both of you stood at alert, watching the demon come out of the hole in the ground. He had gray skin, dark blue hair, and three horns from his head.

"What did you do with the girls you kidnapped?!" Tanjiro demanded. He gave the unconscious girl to Kazumi. You stood in front of the two to protect them while Tanjiro tried to throw a few slashes at the demon.