Hashira Meeting

This is a bit of a longer-ish chapter, but I hope you all won't mind! And I wanted to thank everyone for 5k+ views and 200 votes! It means a lot since posts have been scattered :)

Nezuko rushed towards you, anger in her step. You knew she would never hurt you, Tanjiro had told you about the spell she was under, so there was no reason she would.

For a small moment, just for a moment, you doubted your good friend.

"Nezuko! (Y/N)!" Tanjiro broke from his restraints and ran up to the edge of the mansion. He watched as his sister skidded on the floor and grabbed your wrist.

She lifted her head, looking back and forth between your hand and your eyes, softly gripping your hand. She couldn't express her emotion with words.

You shyly smiled, "I guess my 'bad attitude' personality needs to be worked on. Then again I'm not one to yell and thrash around in anger..." You shook your head, "But I'm fine! It wasn't that deep of a cut, it was only enough to draw blood!"

"There it is," The master spoke up, "Undeniable proof Nezuko will not attack humans." He then spoke directly to Tanjiro, telling him to believe in Nezuko's reform despite people who will not approve of her existence.

Tanjiro broke eye contact with the master to look at you, a thankful shine in his eyes.

You smiled back and bowed your head. Your motion caused Tanjiro to quickly get down on his knees and bow to the master, "(Y/N), my sister, and I will defeat Kubustuji! Rest assured we will stop him and this endless cycle of misery!"

The master smiled at the young boy, instructing him to at least start with a 12 kizuki. Tanjiro became embarrassed, turning red in the face. Almost everyone, including yourself, struggled to hold back laughs from Tanjiro's expressions.

They all soon calmed down and wrapped up Tanjiro's trial. Shinobu raised her hand, offering her mansion as a place for the kamado siblings to visit. She clapped her hands and suddenly two kakushi appeared.

One ran next to you and Nezuko. You quickly led her inside her box, gave her a small pat on the head, and closed it up. The Kakushi slung the box over their shoulder and left with the siblings.

You came out of the mansion and in front of the master. He began talking to start your trial but another voice was heard.

Tanjiro ran around the corner and slid right next to you, demanding he headbutts Sanemi for hurting Nezuko. Before he could get much more out a rock hit him in the side of his face. The pressure knocked your friend unconscious and let the kakushi take the siblings again.

You watched as Tanjiro and Nezuko were carried off. Your enhanced sense helped you hear the two kakushi scolding your friend.

You finally sat on the garden floor, the rocks below clashing together as you shifted to sit on your legs. "I am so sorry, Master, whatever consequences I must face for that discretion I will-"

"No, you are not in trouble at all, my child. You've shown your devotion to Nezuko, so there is no need for another trial. I simply wish to confirm a question I've had for a while now." The master asked for confirmation on who your mother was.

He guess your mother's name correctly, so you nodded and answered with a quick yes.

He smiled more, "I knew I recognized your voice, you sound so much like your mother."

"You knew my mother?"

"Yes, she was a demon slayer years ago."

Suddenly, you stopped moving, blinking a few times to know if you heard correctly, "She...She was a demon slayer?"