Muzan Kibutsuji

Things to know:

(A/N: Author's Note)

Thoughts

(S/G) - Selected Gender: This means if you look more traditionally masculine or Feminine to others because non-binary wasn't normalized back then. Eventually, everyone will call you by your respectful pronouns. I apologize if this makes anyone uncomfortable! it's only a few times people call you that.

"Wow..." You said, glancing around at the busy streets of the town. Living in the mountains you had exclusive contact with the same people your whole life, but this busy town was a lot for you. "Tanjiro, are you-"

Tanjiro seemed to be having the same thoughts as you, he looked overwhelmed and slightly scared. "It's nighttime, but it's so bright out!"

You giggled at his comment and put a hand on his shoulder, "Don't get too stressed, as long as we don't separate, nothing bad can happen." The boy's heartbeat was able to slow. He nodded in understanding.

Nezuko stood between you two, holding Tanjiro's hand. She put her other hand out and lightly held yours, you gave a gentle squeeze in return.

You began walking and eventually found your way out of the busy streets, coming to a more secluded area. You saw a lone man sitting at an Udon shop under a street light. You came up to the man, ordering your food.

Once you got your orders, you sat down together on a bench close by, beginning to enjoy your food. You took your first sip from the udon and a relaxed sigh came from you, the warm liquid soothing your nerves. You looked over to see Tanjiro enjoying his, Nezuko's head rested on his shoulder.

"I can see it." You grabbed Tanjiro's attention with your comment, "You two look so similar, when I first saw her I figured she was your sister. She's very cute."

The red-haired boy gave a small smile in return. He turned to look at his sister, his smile staying. "Thank you...She was the cutest girl in our village..."

"And you?" You asked.

"Me?"

You nodded, "You're cute too, it must run in your family." You took another sip of your bowl, giving a side glance to Tanjiro.

"Ah-well..." Tanjiro felt his heart skip a beat and his face heat up from the compliment. Rarely was he ever speechless, but now he was. Suddenly, his eyes widened and the red on his face went away. He hesitantly stood up, his bowl shattering on the ground.

You set your bowl in your lap, "Tanjiro? What's the matter?"

The boy didn't respond, he sniffed the air before taking off into the town.

"Tanjiro! Where are you going?" You worried. Setting your bowl down, you stood and gently shook Nezuko. The demon slowly opened her eyes, a lazy look on her face. "Stay here, Nezuko, we'll be right back." You instructed and went after her brother.

You swiftly navigated through the crowds, trying your hardest not to disrupt the people around you. Being around Tanjiro for a while, you learned his sound – Particularly his heartbeat. After a while, you heard a scream the direction Tanjiro was in. Panicked, you began accidentally bumping into people.

You apologized to people you had bumped into and continued forward. Before you could react, you had collided with a man's chest and stumbled back a few feet.

"Sorry! I-..." You opened your eyes to see a tall man in a black suit, matching his hair color. He had red eyes and his arms were protecting a little girl in his hands. "Wait, you're..."