Letting Someone Else Go first

You quickly unlodged your sword from the demon's arm and jumped back onto a rock.

"Don't mess with my family!!" The father demon sprinted towards you with his fist over his head. You dodged the attack and got back on land. He got done with you and went after Inosuke, chasing him down the river.

Tanjiro ran past you, "Come on!"

You nodded and ran along with him, making better time than the demon in the water. The red-head cut a thick tree down and planned for it to go down on the father. Realizing where the tree was going to land, it would hit Inosuke. You shuddered and jumped into the river, "Can't believe I'm doing this..."

As fast as the water would let you, you wrapped an arm around your boar friend and pulled him back, making the tree barely miss the both of you. You cringed at the water slowly getting your lower body soaked.

Tanjiro followed out with the rest of his plan and lunged at the father, ready to strike at him. Before he could do any damage, he was blocked by the massive tree he cut. Father spider used his incredible strength to pick up the tree, using it like a bat and sending the demon slayer flying.

"Tanjiro!"

The water user yelled back, "You have to hold on until I can make it back! That's one of the twelve Kizuki! Promise me you won't die!"

"One of the kizuki?!" Your eyes widened. You had only ever faced the lowest rank of that squad, and even he was discarded from the group.

"(M/P/N)..." Inosuke tugged on your haori, turning your attention forward. The ginormous demon stood towering over you, anger radiating off its tough body.

The one-sided fight you were a part of was tiring – and you certainly weren't winning. Currently, Inosuke was hiding behind a tree while you were close by in one, thinking of a plan.

Inosuke began running after being found by the demon. The father spotted you in a tree and came rushing over, pounding the tree at its base.

As fast as you could in your tired body, you jumped from tree to tree trying to avoid the demon. You cupped your hands around your mouth, "Inosuke! Where are you going?!"

The panicked boar stopped in his tracks, and his heartbeat slowed again. He pivoted his feet and faced the demon. He began screaming and running full force towards the demon. "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!"

The slayer jumped at the demon, getting his sword stuck. Before you could go help him he pounded his sword with his other one, slowly getting through the demon's thick arm. You landed on the ground just as the arm of the father fell to the ground, Inosuke being successful in his plan.

The big demon screeched and took off into the woods. You came up to your friend, "Great job Inos-"

"GET BACK HERE DAMNNIT!" Inosuke ignored your praise and went after the demon.

The wind from your friend's sudden movements blew your hair and haori forwards, but you had barely any energy to go the same way. "Here we go again..." With pain in your step, you continued behind the boar.

You eventually caught up to the two and watched Inosuke insult the other. You came up to the boar and listened to him praise himself because the demon was shaking in fear. Looking up and spotting the demon in a tree, you saw him shaking, slightly melting.

"Inosuke? I don't think that's a fearful shake..."

Before long, the demon's skin melted, revealing a completely different-looking demon. He was a navy blue, and more spikes protruded from his body.

"Did it just shed its skin?!" Said you and Inosuke.

More fighting broke out between you and the demon, and you were the first one to get hit. The father was more powerful than before, one swing of his fist sent you flying into a tree. The force cracked the wood behind you, knocking the air from your lungs. Before much else, the world around you went black and you fainted on impact.

When you awoke from the grassy floor, The demon had caught Inosuke. The slayer was dangling off the floor, his head in the firm grasp of the father, blood seeped through his boar mask.

Without thinking, you rose from the floor and grabbed your weapon, charging at the demon. The father tried kicking you back, but you jumped over his leg.

"You don't want us to touch your family?" You raised your sword over your head, coming down at the demon, "Then hands off my friends!" The sword didn't get far except getting stuck, but using Inosuke's tactic, you pounded your foot on your sword.

As your sword cut through the demon, you heard a static noise and water coming from somewhere. Suddenly, your sword looked like it was electrified and had a water current appeared around it. It gave your sword the energy to cut through the demon flawlessly.

The energy still around your sword, you turned your wrists upward and tried slashing for its neck, but you missed.

You grabbed Inosuke and moved away from the demon, setting your friend down. "Inosuke, can you hear me?"

Quick, light footsteps came towards you, causing you to hold Inosuke closer to your body. Someone rushed past you and towards the demon. They used their light blue sword and slashed the demon into multiple pieces, defeating it.

The person landed softly back on the ground, slowly sheathing their sword. Their mismatched haori swayed as they lifted their case. The right side of their top layer of clothing was a deep red, and the left side had green-, orange-, and yellow-colored hexagons scattered around. Their black hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, resting against their back.

Inosuke and you stood up. You scanned them up and down, examining them.

"Giyu Tomioka?"