Final Selection

Things to know:

(A/N: Author's Note)

Thoughts

(H/C) - Hair Color

Tanjiro POV

"You're one of Urokodaki's brats! It's easy to tell with that mask you have!" The demon said, towering over me. I gripped my sword tightly and ran at the demon with rage, tired of him boasting about eating people.

Before I could attack, the demon smacked me away with one of his arms, sending me flying into a tree and cracking my mask. I quickly stood up from my concussion and continued fighting.

As I jumped around and avoided the demon's arms, a song began playing. Both of us stopped and scanned the area as we tried to find the source.

Slow footsteps came towards me. The music was strange, a fuzzy and warm feeling enveloped my body. It calmed me down and made me focus on the figure coming closer.

A person with (H/C) walked into view. They carefully plucked the strings on their guitar, their eyes closed with a peaceful smile. They slowly opened their eyes and stared into mine. I snapped out of the trance when they gestured to the demon in front of me, who was still in the trace.

I nodded and ran towards the demon, quickly climbing up its body and using my water breathing technique to swiftly cut its head off. I landed back on the ground and watched the demon slowly disintegrate.

The guitar user came beside me and put their hands together, praying for the demon. I followed suit and prayed for his well-being.

"You're bleeding." They spoke and stood a step closer to me. They gently put a hand on my cheek, tilting my head to look closer at the injury.

I smiled, "Oh, I'm fine! I don't even feel it."

"Doesn't mean you're not bleeding." They smiled and put their guitar away, "Let me patch it up for you..." They trailed off, realizing I hadn't introduced myself.

"Tanjiro Kamado." I introduced.

They nodded and began patching my head up. "(Y/N) (L/N)."

Your POV

Tanjiro accompanied you as you walked up the stairs to end the final selection. You came up to the small crowd of three others.

"Welcome back everyone." The two girls suddenly appeared in front of the group. They congratulated you and talked about your uniforms, ranks, and other things about demon slayers.

One girl clapped her hands, and birds came overhead. You looked up at them and put your elbow out as one flew down to you. Smiling, you gently pet the head of your crow with your finger. The two explained that they were message birds to get intel around.

"I don't need this crap!" One boy screamed and threw his crow off. His dark hair was shaven on the sides, and he had a purple top that faded black. He walked up to one of the girls and yanked her hair. "Give me my sword before I get angry!" He demanded.

"You need some manners." You retorted, coming up beside the boy. "Take your hands off her."

The boy glared at you, "No, not until I get my sword!"

You sighed and gripped your hand around his wrist. Once you found the nerve on his arm, you pushed down and he immediately let go, wincing in pain.

Soon after, the other girl uncovered a table, revealing chunks of ore. The 5 of you came up to the table to pick one for your swords.