Chapter 6. The hunt. Part 2.

Jack's POV
After the little infected encounter, Merida and I were extra aware of our guard. My heart was thumping hard in my chest. C'mon Ems..where are ya?
"Jack!" Merida hissed. "Look...footprints." She pointed to the ground. I nodded in response and we began to follow them.
Soon enough the trees began to become more sparse and we were nearing the edge of the forest. Through the darkness I saw the flickering lights of a house or cottage.
"Merida, we have to take a look over there." I whispered. We trudged through the overgrowth of the edge of the woods and soon the cottage became more visible. I crept up beside a lot window and peered in. A girl around my age sat peacefully in a rocking chair by a roaring fire, in her arms she cradled a delicate young baby which was fast asleep. The girl had two strawberry blonde plaits down her shoulders. Suddenly, another girl, a little bit older than the one from inside, appeared from behind the cottage.
"Not another one!" She growled viciously. She lunged at me with a knife and aimed for my head, frantically, I spun to the side barley dodging her. The girl tripped and landed on the floor with a thud. I snapped into action and pinned her down. She struggled in panic.
"Hey..hey, I'm not one of them!" I reassured her. In an instant Merida appeared from behind and crouched down next to me.
"Who ar ye?" Merida asked softly. The girl examined our faces before replying.
"Elsa." She mumbled. I helped Elsa up and she dusted herself off.
"Jack." I smiled politely.
"Merida." Red introduced proudly. Afterward, she showed us into the cottage and introduced us to her sister.
"Hi, I'm Anna!" She said perkily. The baby in her arms stirred in its sleep. "Oops, I'm still getting the hang of being a mom." She whispered. I chuckled and glanced at the baby. It had light blonde tufts of hair and chubby freckly cheeks.
"What's their name?" Merida asked, nodding at the baby.
"Olaf." Anna beamed.
"Is his father..." I trailed off not wanting to sound rude.
"Alive? Yes." Anna smiled sympathetically. He's out looking for food at the moment. My ears suddenly pricked at the sound of shuffling in another room.
"Who else is here?" I asked curiously.
"Some girl we found snooping around." Elsa replied.
"D-did she mention her name?" I stuttered.
"Yeah, Emma."