Chapter 28: Bandaids don't fix bullet holes

I heard someone call out my name and that's when I heard two more gunshots. But I couldn't see anything clearly, my eyesight had started to go blank and I could feel my body lose all the strength.

"Tine!"

"Tine!"

Tine's POV

"Mr Teepakorn?"

Mr Teepakorn?

Can you hear me Mr Teepakorn?"

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a white ceiling. There was a doctor and a couple of nurses looking right at me. Ah fuck. This feels like a bad, really bad deja vu.

"Yeah, I can hear you well. Could you may be stop screaming? It's giving me a headache."

"Sorry about that. Do you feel any other kind of pain or discomfort?"

I tried getting up and that's when I felt a sharp pain in my chest — And just like that, I remembered exactly how I got hit there.

"Well my chest hurts like someone shot right through me."

The doctor laughed a little. "That's about right. You were brought into the hospital here last night because of a gunshot wound near your waist. We moved you to the ICU after your surgery and you stayed there overnight.

"Where exactly is 'here?'

"Army hospital. We are about an hour and a half away from Bangkok."

"Was there someone else brought in with me? Someone else who was injured possibly?

"I heard there were some other casualties but they were moved to another hospital due to security concerns.

"Who were the casualties? What kind of security concerns?"

"I don't know Mr Teepakorn. But I am sure someone else can answer that question better — There must be a reason why there are a dozen guards outside the door and I got a call from the Head of the NIA himself to treat you."

I sighed. "Who brought me here? I must have had a phone in my pocket and some other very important belongings, when I came here."

"Your belongings were already given to the two people who brought you in."

"Who?"

"Ah.." The doctor looked at the nurse. "They were here just a while ago. Where did they go?"

"I think they went out a while. I'll go check."

/

/

/

/

The doctor and the nurse left after examining me, and a few minutes later, Max came in — The person I knew would be here in the hospital with me and the person I absolutely didn't want to see.

"How are you feeling now Tine?"

"Where the hell is Sarawat? I want to see him now, Max"

"Sarawat is fine. You can't see him Tine. I hope you remember what happened yesterday."

"Did you at least arrest Paithoon?"

"Yeah, we detained him yesterday, along with a few other people — including your sleazy assistant. We are hoping to break First in interrogation so he would fess up about Ohm's death and we can get Paithoon for Ohm's murder too.