Chapter 12: I have always loved you

"I go on leave for one week and you start thinking we are two friends carpooling to work here?"

Tine's POV

"Sir, I am—I am really sorry." First turned back to me to apologize.

"Just look ahead and drive properly, First. Are the documents pending from last week done?"

"Ah, yes. yes sir.."

"Then why haven't you emailed them to me yet?"

"I—I thought you were on a leave, so I didn't want to disturb you."

"They are not done, are they?"

"They are done, I just needed to make a few corrections in them."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, FIRST? What the hell have you been doing all week if you couldn't even finish the one task that I gave you?"

"I—I was rescheduling your meetings and.."

"Just stop talking and step on that accelerator. I do not want to be late for my meeting with Mr Limpatiyakorn"

I sighed and closed my eyes trying to recompose myself. Where did that come from? Why did I just snap at First? I have never ever talked to anyone in my life like this. Is this just my muscle memory coming back to me like the doctor said or am I getting all of my memory back slowly?

We reached the office in time and I walked inside the building like I knew exactly where I was going. I passed a few people on the way, some of whom I recognized from the pictures Max had sent me and others, that I didn't recognize at all but they did look somewhat familiar to me. Before I knew it, I was standing outside Mr Limpatiyakorn's cabin."

"He'll be ready for you in a minute."

"Thanks Ronny." I looked at Mr Limpatiyakorn's secretary and gave him a nod. I didn't read his name on the plank or anywhere else — I just knew his name and it came out of my mouth before I could even think about how to address him. Though, I couldn't really jog any memories of meeting him before. All I could remember was his name. May be the doctor was right all along. I just needed to go back to my old schedule to recover all my memories.

"You can go in now, Tine." I didn't quite like the way Ronny looked at me. There was an uncomfortable feeling about it, but I also couldn't put a finger on it.

"Ah. Yes, thanks." I shook my head, walked right inside the cabin, and sat in the chair right across Mr Limpatiyakorn. He looked just like his pictures, though slightly older. May be because the pictures weren't recent. I didn't know what to think about him yet. Max had told me not to trust anyone and that's what I was going to do. If there was any issue with the merger, there is no way he didn't know about all this.

"Good morning Boss"

"Good morning Teepakorn, how are you feeling now?" He smiled at me.

"Much better boss. Honestly, I would have preferred just coming back to office instead of taking a leave... but the damn doctors wouldn't listen to me."

"No, you should listen to the doctors, Teepakorn. Health is more important than anything else. I was really worried about you when I heard you got into an accident right before the engagement party. But Pear helped me calm down and told me you didn't want anyone to visit you because you were focusing on recovering fast."

"Yeah... yeah... you know Pear.."

"Though, I am sad to see we had to postpone the engagement. I know you and Pear were really looking forward to it. But if Pear thinks thats the best decision for your health, then I am with her. I am sure her staying at your place and taking care of you all week long helped you recover faster. She was very worried about you and insisted that she didn't want you to be alone. I didn't have the heart to stop her."