Chapter 15:I give you all my heart🔞

Note: This chapter contains some mature/ NSFW stuff. If you are not comfortable with it, just don't read the content between the asterisks ***

"I have no idea. But I am going to find out. "

Tine's POV

"Max, someone from NIA is following me and you have no idea about it? I thought you were running this whole thing."

"I was and I am Tine. But the NIA has a hierarchy that is followed and there is a lot of secrecy here. Just—just give me some time and I will straighten it out."

"I have too many problems in my life right now to be worried about NIA agents secretly following me and breaching my privacy Max."

"I know—I know that Tine. I am sorry this happened to you but I'll make sure to get to the bottom of this."

"Will you, Max? Because at this point I don't even know if I can trust you."

Max takes a deep breath on the phone. ''You don't trust me? Really? Tine, I know you don't remember me or how we were before your accident, but hearing you say that really hurt, you know? I have looked after you like my own brother for the last three years. You were the best man at my wedding. My husband adores you to the point he wishes he could adopt you, even though you are an almost well-functioning adult. I haven't even told him about your memory loss because I am worried, he might come to your house and refuse to leave you forever. You have absolutely no idea how worried I have been about you since your accident but I don't show it because I don't want to do anything to obstruct your recovery process."

"Max.. I—I didn't know all that. You never told me, about your wedding or me being close to your husband. You—you should have told me."

"I wanted you to meet him again after your accident. But then the doctor told us to wait for your memories to come on their own. So, I have been waiting for you to recover your memories I guess."

"I—I am sorry.."

"You shouldn't be the one saying sorry. This isn't your fault. You should just focus on getting better, for now. I'll take care of this NIA agent and look into him. Oh and by the way, the neurologist we met, called me yesterday. He wanted to know if you found out what happened the last time you had a concussion? The time when you hit your head at the bus stop? That's the last memory you have, right?"

"Yeah. Umm.. no I haven't looked into it yet. I will probably have to ask the people who were around me back then." I sighed, thinking about Sarawat who was still outside in my living room, believing that I was on a work call right now,

"Try to see if you could find out the hospital you were taken to back then, maybe we could pull your medical records?"

"I'll try to find out. I don't even know if I was taken to a hospital back then. I'll look around and see what I can find."

"Yeah, keep me updated about that. By the way, have you may be recovered any memories in the past week?"

"A few memories here and there, but nothing really important or specific."

"No memories of the day of the accident?"

"Nope. Not even close. The doctor was possibly right, I am recovering memories but not in chronological order, or any order to be honest."

"You know there is something about your accident that's been bugging me since that day. I am not even sure if you noticed it yet."

"What?"