Chapter 27: You've got my only heart

Your first mistake was trying to cross me, Tine. Your second mistake was thinking you could get away with it. I guess I'll see you in 2 hours and then we'll talk?"

Tine's POV

"Come on Paithoon. I would never cross you."

I took a deep breath, trying my very best to not let my fear get to me but it wasn't really working that well. I put the phone on speaker, stared at Max and signalled at him — He knew exactly what to do. He gave me a thumbs up and left the room.

Now, all I needed to do was buy time so Max could track down Paithoon's location and possibly find Sarawat.

I laughed on the call, sat down with my phone's speaker still on, and Big Gun standing right in front of me, listening to the call anxiously. "You've got one thing right Paithoon, and that is: I was seeing Sarawat for a very short while. Not a bad guy, but really boring if I am being honest. And you're right — He's not my type. The fact that his father works at the NIA is just a big coincidence."

"Now you're going to try and lie to me Tine?"

"Do you know how much money I have made in the law firm? Do you know how many corrupt businessmen I have defended? What makes you think I care enough about this to work with the NIA?"

"I don't know. This is the problem with peasants like you — It's impossible to tell your morals deep down."

"My morals are exactly what they seem, Paithoon. I care about money and only money."

"And you don't care about your boy toy? So, you wouldn't mind if my men dumped and buried him in the middle of nowhere?"

I closed my eyes, trying to reel in all of my anger and not letting it all show.

"Why would you want to bring someone else between us, Paithoon? Tell me something, how did you even find him? I have hardly ever hooked up with him."

"Really Teepakorn? I was told he leaves your house in the morning almost every day." That's when I looked up at Big Gun, who now seemed angrier than he was, just 10 seconds ago, when Paithon was threatening to dump and bury his son.

"Come on Paithoon, I am sure it's all a confusion."

"You also took him out to dinner to an expensive restaurant just a few days after you ditched my niece on your engagement party. What you forgot was that the restaurant belongs to your assistant's family."

"Well, no wonder he recommended the restaurant. May be they weren't getting enough business." That's when Max came back to the room and gave me a thumbs up. It was time to wind this down. "Listen Paithoon, lets not go around in circles. I will come meet you wherever you want, but you need to let Sarawat go first."

"You have to come to me first, withdraw your statement from NIA, and then I will let him go."

"How do I believe you, Paithoon? Listen, at least let me talk to Sarawat and—"

"You have no choice but to believe me, Tine — or he dies."

"Do we really have to get so aggressive Paithoon? Let the boy go. He hasn't done anything wrong."

"He hasn't. But you have — And he might just end up paying dearly for your mistakes."

"Paithoon —

"Two hours and I better find you in front of me, Teepakorn. Remember what happens if you try to include the NIA into all this. Let's meet happily without any bloodshed, shall we?"