Chapter 18:You told your family for a reason

I smiled back at him. "Hey does that offer to go to your parents' house for lunch still stands because I would love to go. I really want to meet your parents, Wat"

Tine's POV

"You really mean that, Tine?"

"Yes, yes I do."

"Awesome. I'll go call mom to tell her."

Sarawat smiled at me and rushed back out to get his phone. He called his mom all happy and giggly, and I felt—I felt this huge pang of guilt hit my heart. Meeting Sarawat's parents and officially introducing myself to them should have been a happy thing. But instead, I was just using Sarawat at this point to get to his dad, and I didn't know how I would ever forgive myself for it. Sarawat always carried his heart on his sleeve for me, and all I did was take advantage of all the love he had for me. However, his father was involved in this, whatever he did — it wouldn't change the fact that I was lying to Sarawat and using him.

Sarawat finally put down his phone, sensed my mood, and leaned in front of me. "Hey, are you nervous? Don't be. I know they will love you."

I looked up at him. "And what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Do you love me?"

"Of course I love you, Tine." He smiled and put his lips over mine.

"You know that's the first time I have heard you say that in a long, long time."

"I thought some things between us didn't need to be said. They were already understood."

"Hey Wat?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you still love me? Even after everything that happened? Didn't you ever feel like just throwing me away?"

Sarawat moved closer to me, looking right into my eyes. "I love you without any problems or pride, Tine. I love you because I don't know any other way. I don't know how or when or where I started loving you, but I'll love you for the rest of my life."

"Why are you so perfect and what the hell did I do in my past life to ever deserve you?"

"Hmmm.. " Sarawat squinted his eyes. "You must have had to save over a dozen lives to get the best boyfriend in the whole world."

"Or may be I just seduced you into sleeping with me?"

Sarawat laughed. "Yes, that definitely sounds more like you."

"Hey Wat?" I pulled his hand.

"What now?"

"I love you too."

/

/

/

The next day, a little over noon, we were standing in front of Sarawat's parents' house. I had texted Max to stay alert in case I send him an SOS signal — which made him even more worried than he was. I knew I was with Sarawat and I was safe going into the house, but I honestly, didn't know what to expect from his father. I mean he was the Head of Security at NIA, god only knows what he would do.

When we entered Sarawat's house — His mom and Phukong were right at the door waiting for us and smiling.

"You are Tine, right? I am so happy to see you." She gave me a warm hug and I hadn't realised how much I had missed a hug like that. I couldn't remember the last my mom hugged me like that.

"I am so happy to finally meet you too." I broke the hug and waved back at Phukong who seemed ecstatic to see me.

"Hello Tine." That's all Sarawat's father said, standing at the back of the living room. And that's all it took me realise that we had definitely met before. My gut told me he definitely knew and he hated seeing me in his house. I could feel the hair at the back of my neck standing up. I had walked into the lion's den with too much confidence and no preparation at all, because my gut feeling told me I should face the Big Gun head-on. But now, I was starting to think that may be I made a mistake.