Chapter 20: Baby, just say yes

Chapter 20: Baby, Just Say Yes!

Tine's POV

The next morning, I woke up in bed alone after what felt like a long, long time. The ring box was sitting on the bedside drawer, staring right at me, waiting for me to take it to its owner. But I had just promised Sarawat I would give him some time out with his family, and I had a lawyer's luncheon to attend during the afternoon.

So, instead of driving down to Sarawat's house like I wanted to, I called him on the phone.

"Hey, morning. Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah." Sarawat answered in a muffled voice. I definitely woke him up. He was speaking in his cute morning voice. "What time is it?"

"07:34am to be exact."

"Tine, why are you up so early on a god damn Sunday?"

"Well, turns out I don't know how to sleep in my bed all alone anymore."

"Stop being cheesy, Tine."

"I am not being cheesy. I am just being honest."

"What's gotten into you this morning Teepakorn?"

I smiled. "Listen.. go out on a dinner with me tonight."

"Tine, I told you I need a couple of days with the family tonight."

"So, take a couple of days. Stay there if you want. Just come out for dinner with my tonight. I have something to give to you." I looked down at the ring.

"What?"

"I guess you'll only find out if you come out tonight with me."

"Fine." I could hear Sarawat sighing on the phone. "Pick me up at 8."

I couldn't help but smile. "I'll see you tonight then."

/

/

/

/

/

While I would have just preferred to spend my Sunday at home, getting ready for my date with Sarawat, I was instead dressed up in my fanciest clothes to attend the lawyer's luncheon. Dressing like Old Tine and behaving like him had started to become easier and easier for some reason. I did not feel anxious anymore interacting with people at work, it almost came naturally to me.

First drove me to the luncheon, who was clearly more dressed to this luncheon than I had ever seen him dress for the office. But I didn't have the time to care about First, I had a bigger fish to fry — Paithon, Mr Limpatiyakorn's best friend, his right hand, and possibly the brains behind whatever was going. No matter how much I wanted to pin this whole mess on Limpatiyakorn, it couldn't have been all him. Limpatiyakorn is not someone who can do messy work himself, he would need someone to do his dirty work and all the heavy lifting — and that could only be Paithoon.

Paithoon, who was grabbing a drink, at the luncheon, just as he finished talking to some people. Before I could introduce myself, he had already seen me and waved his hand at me.

"Teepakorn! Heard you had a pretty bad accident — so bad you couldn't attend your own engagement party. But you seem to be doing pretty well."

"I did have an accident. But I was lucky enough to get out of it unscathed. I didn't know you were the kind of person to be worried about others, Paithoon. I am surprised or rather, flattered." I smirked and picked a glass of vodka from the tray.