Chapter 11: You look like a lawyer, Tine

Sarawat pulled me and looked me right in the eyes. "What are you scared of? I am right here to protect you. I won't let any nightmares get to you"

Tine's POV

I looked at Sarawat with my glassy eyes all full of tears. "But they feel all too real..."

"But they are not. They are just nightmares. Tine, have you seriously been struggling with these nightmares for a long time? I haven't seen you sleep peacefully even once."

"I—I don't know. I am hungry. Can we eat dinner?"

Sarawat stayed quiet for a while, probably realising I didn't want to speak any further about it. And he finally got up from the couch. As he got up, I noticed a long chain that he wore in his neck, which he didn't in college. "Yes, yes of course. I'll heat up the food. Do you want to go take a quick shower and change? May be you will feel better?"

"No, I'll feel better as long as I stay next to you." I smiled.

"I don't know if that's true, but you could try."

As we sat down to eat, I was still more focused on staring at Sarawat than my own food. I still couldn't believe he was sitting right in front of me, even after everything that had happened between us.

"Is there something on my face? You keep staring at it instead of eating your food Tine."

I couldn't help but smile. "I just realised you have grown your hair since college."

"Yeah" Sarawat looks down trying to hide his smile, but I caught that just in time. "I guess I just got bored of the undercut."

"Hey! I liked that undercut. No, I loved that undercut. It made me fall for you."

"Really? You never told me that before."

"There are a lot of things I wish I could have told you before."

"Like what?"

"Like how much I have always loved your fried rice."

Sarawat laughs. "You tell me that everytime I make them."

"Do I? I don't think I say that enough, to be honest." I took a spoonful of rice and finally ate it. "You-you will stay here tonight too, right?"

"Do you want me to stay?"

"Of course I want you to stay here with me, Wat. If it were up to me, you would be living here with me right now."

"Tine, I am not even sure you understand what you are trying to say right now..."

"Of course, I know Wat—"

That's when we heard a phone ring. But both of our phones were on and none of them are ringing, which only meant one thing-- It was my secondary phone, ringing from inside the locker.

"Is there another phone in the kitchen, Tine? I can hear the ring come from there."

"Uh. huh. Yeah, I think I accidently put my personal phone in one of the cabinets."

I struggled to get up from the table and walked to the kitchen. Thankfully, Sarawat was seating in a direction where he couldn't see me opening the cabinet or the locker inside it. Good hiding spot Old Tine, right on the opposite direction of the dining table and the living room — I have to give you credit for that.

"Did you find the phone Tine?"

"Yeah, I think its behind a few things here." I quickly put my finger on the fingerprint scanner to open the locker and took out the phone. It was Max.