Chapter 24: Two can play this game🔞

"Now, that I have told you everything — Could you tell me why you are in my house Sarawat?

Sarawat's POV

I looked at Tine all confused, still trying to comprehend his words.

"So you are saying you finally remember the last 3 years, but you can't remember the past two months?"

"Yes. That's exactly what I just said."

"Okay."

"Okay?" Tine raised his eyebrows.

"Okay, good for you I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

"That's all you have to say. Don't you have any questions for me?"

"The only question I have for you Tine is, why didn't you say anything when I asked if you finally remember the last three years? If you forgot the last two months you should have also forgotten the fact that you had memory loss issues in the past two months too.."

"Ah, yes" Tine looked down on the floor. "My friend Max told me I had somehow forgetten the past three years of memories because of the accident, but I am feeling a lot better now."

"Right, your friend Max who works at the NIA?"

"Yes. Do you know him?"

I chuckled." You know Tine, you sound pretty calm for someone who can't even remember what he did in the last two months... or yesterday for that matter"

"Do I have to be panicking for you to believe me? You just said you would take my words for what they are."

"I would if your words weren't full of deceit."

"I don't need to explain myself to you Sarawat. I don't know how you even got into my house, but you need to leave."

"I got into the house because your fucking passcode is my birthday. It wasn't that hard to type that in." I yelled. "You just said you haven't seen me in three years Tine, then why the hell is your house's passcode my birthday?"

"Old habits, it's easy to remember for me."

"Easy to remember for you? Tine, come on. Who are you even trying to play here?"

"You need to leave Sarawat." Tine said in a cold voice.

I took a deep breath, trying to clear my mind. It felt like I had seen this whole film before and I knew exactly how it ended. The icy eyes, the cold voice, and the nonchalant behaviour. When Tine broke up with me, this is exactly how he talked to me.

But I am not the same guy I was three years ago, and now I know, Tine isn't the guy that I thought he was. He didn't break up with me because he stopped loving me or because he wanted to make more money. He broke up with me for some other reason and whatever it was, it is still following him around. All of his secrets, all of his lies, go back to that reason — Now I just need to find out what that is. And for that, I need to stay close to Tine. I can't let him walk away from me again.

"Didn't you hear me Sarawat? You need to leave my house."

"No."

"What?"

"I am not leaving, Tine"

"This is my house, Sarawat."

"You are telling me like I don't know that." I rolled my eyes. "Have you had dinner yet?"

"Ah. No. That's not what I--"

"Good, me neither. I'll make something. Wear some clothes and come out? Or don't? I mean, I don't care. You can eat in your towel if you want. I appreciate a good view when I am cooking" I shrugged my shoulders and started walking out towards the kitchen.