Chapter 3

Although he couldn't know it, in sending that message to the group, and then calling Jimin rather than anyone else, Seokjin had accidentally set in motion a sequence of events which would radically alter the next and most important era of all of their lives.

Jimin was in the car with Yoongi and Hoseok when he got the call and he was rounding the street corner for their building when he saw Seokjin's car booking it in the opposite direction heading away from work. He furrowed his eyebrows. It seemed obvious that Seokjin was caught up in someway with a girl, maybe wanted to just play hookie for the day, but none of them actually ever did that. Or if they did, then they had the good grace to just pretend they were ill and not involve other members.

"Hyung, wake up, I gotta go. Lock the car." Jimin thumped Yoongi on his sleeve, allowing a fond look at his tiny, sleeping Hyung before he tossed the keys into Hoseok's waiting hand and left the car, already darting for the lift. He needed to get there before he forgot this girls name.

There was an obvious flutter of excitement when he entered into the low traffic department. The HYBE talent had no real reason to venture into these parts of the company building so he gave everyone he passed big friendly smiles.

"Can you I help you Park Min?" asked a middle-aged man.

"Are you Lee Minjae?" asked Jimin.

"Yes sir, I am."

"Oh great. I have a message about Song Narae."

..................................................

Yoongi was here at this call time at Hoseok's request because they were all meeting for a dance brush up. Namjoon was spared because he was in a re-record, and Jungkook because he simply didn't need the practice the way the others did.

They made their way up to the 8th floor which was where the suite of practice and filming rooms were housed. They'd be in the small space for most of the morning until they all met up at lunch.

Taehyung stood, stretching from his position in the middle of the floor.

"Have you guys seen Jin?"

Hoseok and Yoongi shook their heads. "We thought he was with you."

Taehyung shrugged. "He was but then he went back to his car to get something, but he hasn't come back. Where's Jimin?"

"He got a call in the car and then he said he had to go do something. He left us in the carpark. I'm sure he'll be back in a minute."

Taehyung still wasn't sure about Seokjin's disappearance, so he fished in his bag for his phone. It was always a little arduous wading through the never-ending notifications to find messages from people you really wanted to hear from.

"Oh, wait he's put something on the group."

The others reflexively took out their phones to look.

"Oh my god. No way!"

"He's found his soulmate?"

"Is that really what it says?"

All three looked at each other with shocked but happy expressions. As the oldest of the group, Seokjin had been waiting the longest time since he'd come of age and that was seven years ago. They'll all been with him the day he'd turned 21. They were a group by then and would debut six months later to a waiting world.

It was the same story for all of them now, even Jungkook who'd only come of age a couple of years ago. First the excitement, the possibilities of anyone out there, anyone you touched being your soulmate. For the first year Seokjin had been excited, then he'd been relaxed and blasé about it. For a while he'd been too focused on work to bother with the notion of a soulmate.