Chapter 31

"Shit," Diego swore when he came around.

"Good, you're up," Five said. "Ready for a drink now?"

"Where is he?" He asks, scrambling to his feet.

"Gone. We let him go," Y/n said.

"You what?"

"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop. Hey, he didn't kill Patch. His partner Cha-Cha did," Five told Diego.

"So what? They were both there that night."

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene. Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So, it's time to move on."

"Not a chance," Diego responded.

"It's your life," Y/n shrugged.

"I am curious," Five told Diego. "Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?"

"A lot of things. Cute butt. Nice legs," Diego replied.

"We were thinking about something more profound," Y/n said.

"She believed in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always saw the good inside."

"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory," Five sarcastically said before he and Y/n left.

"Boys," Y/n sighed as she relaxed in Five's embrace.

"You do also have a cute butt though," Five said.

"Fricking pervert," Y/n giggled before walking away to the foyer where she saw Luther choking Vanya. "Stay away from her!"

"Oh, my god. You're alive!" Vanya said, hugging her sister tight. "I thought you were dead. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I really didn't mean to," She cries.

"If you do that to her because of her powers then, you must do the same to me," Y/n bravely said as she nuzzled Vanya behind her.

"Why?" Luther asked before the shadows crept up her arms before retreating into her.

Y/n felt a powerful impact on her head before a voice yelled out her voice.

"Y/n! No!"

Timeskip

When Y/n woke up, she saw a knocked out Vanya in a small room with her. It was lit with white-green lights with spikes coming out of the walls.

"Vanya! Vanya! Wake up. Look at me!" She says as Vanya came around.

"No," Vanya kept saying before Y/n looked around and her claustrophobia started acting up.

"Guys, no! Let us out," Vanya screamed, banging on the door.

Y/n paces up and down, hands in her hair. Her breath quickens as she lost control over her breathing. She topples to the ground as the fear entered her veins and flooded her entire body.

She feels the panic attacking her heart. Tension showed on her face and limbs as her mind replayed the event that happened the last time Reginald placed her in a small room. Now, she understood what Klaus kept doing—why he was addicted to taking drugs before ultimately deciding to be sober. It numbed him from the fear of the dead he hated so much.

She was is in a ball—the foetal position. She rocks herself back and forth, looking for some form of comfort that wouldn't come to her like a guardian angel.