Chapter 10

"I was pretty good, though, right?" Klaus asks. "Yeah. 'What about my consent, bitch?'"

"Klaus, it doesn't matter," Five says.

"What? What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?"

"There is someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the end of life on this Earth as we know it."

"Yeah, can I get that 20 bucks, like, now, or what?"

"Your 20 bucks?" Five asks.

"Yeah, my 20 bucks," Klaus says as Y/n sighs, running her hand through her hair.

"The apocalypse is coming and all you can think about is getting high?" Five asks.

"Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's a-rumbling," He says as he makes his tummy growl.

"You're useless," He says before grabbing Y/n by the wrist. "You're all useless."

"Oh, come on. You need to lighten up, old man," Klaus says as they sit on the hospital's steps. "Hey, you know, I've just now realized why you're so uptight. You must be horny as hell," Klaus laughs as Y/n blushes at the idea. "All those years by yourself. It's gotta screw with your head, being alone."

"Well, I wasn't alone," Five admits as Y/n's ears perked up.

"Oh? Pray tell," Klaus says.

"Her name was Delores. We were together for over 30 years."

"30 years? Oh, wow!" Klaus chuckles. "God, the longest I've been with someone was… I don't know, three weeks. And that's only because I was so tired of looking for a place to sleep," He says before Five spatial jumped him and Y/n. "He did make the most fantastic osso buco, though. It was…" Klaus says before realizing that Five and Y/n were gone. "Five?"

"Don't stop. Just keep going," Five tells the shocked taxi driver.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! What about my money?" Klaus asks before Five salutes to him through the taxi window.

Timeskip

In her apartment, Vanya plays a sad song on her violin as she felt herself become one with the music. A knock on the door interrupts her as she stops playing.

"He's not here, Mrs. Kowalski," Vanya says as the knocking continues. "Mr. Puddles isn't here," She says, opening the door before seeing a young man. "Can I help you?"

"I'm Leonard. I'm your 4 o'clock," The man explains.

"Oh, my… I forgot. I am so sorry," Vanya apologizes.

"I swear I had nothing to do with Mr. Puddles."

"Oh, no… Sorry, it's, uh, my neighbour, Mrs. Kowalski. She… Well, she has this cat that always goes missing. She thinks I know where it is. I don't. She's older. And I should stop… talking," She says. "I'm so sorry. Please come in," She says before Leonard enters her apartment.

"I'm guessing I look different… than your usual students."

"Um, yeah, you can just…."

"Yeah."

"Yeah, 20 years or so different."

"Well, the ad didn't say anything about age limits."

"No, no, of course not. It's… most of my students are kids. Easier to learn music when you're young. You know, like a second language."

"Ich verstehe!" Leonard says as Vanya looks at him, confused. "That's German… for 'I understand!' I took three years of that in high school. And that's all I can remember."