Chapter 2

Rewritten

𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴

"In five, four, three, two..."

"This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

"Hey, get them behind the counter!" A man yelled as the alarm blared.

"Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do," The leader says, not noticing Allison merrily skipping beside him. "Shit!" He swears angrily out of spite before seeing Allison standing beside him. "Hey, get back with the others."

"I heard a rumor," Allison says, acting shy with her body swinging slightly as her hands were behind her back.

"What? What did you say?"

"I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot," She giggled, cupping her mouth, her voice ringing in her victim's head.

His eyes whitened before Allison's powers placed him in a trance. His gun cocks before aiming it at the foot of the robber that was closest to him.

"Hey, dude," His friend said before his foot got shot and he shot the glass behind him, barely missing the hostages.

Allison's victim then returns to normal, questioning what he had just done.

"We just heard shots from inside the bank. It's uncertain if any hostages have been harmed in that."

"Up there!"

"There's some movement on the roof! Possibly law enforcement," He says, watching a guy break into the bank using the glass roof.

Luther punches one burglar before throwing him out of the bank through a window on the entrance wall like he was a bag of marshmallows.

"Looks like one of the armed robbers has been thrown from the bank."

"Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives," Diego commented, throwing his knifes that curve and stab their victim, causing instant death.

"I've been in many hostage situations like this, and it can escalate very quickly."

"Get back, you freaks."

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy," Diego teased.

"Get back now!"

"Yeah, wouldn't want you to get hurt," Allison says.

"You ready?" Y/n asks Five as they were outside the bank.

"With you?" Five asks. "Always."

"I guess I'll see you in less than a minute," Y/n says.

She pecks his cheek before entering the bank. Five stares at her in shock as the spot where she kissed him still felt warm and tingled slightly. The things that this girl did to him without knowing.

"Didn't you hear that falls can be fatal?" Y/n asked the man.

She had climbed up onto the counter he was on and appeared behind him, conjuring a barrier to deflect the bullets he shot at her. The bullets hit the barrier, clattering uselessly on the floor.

Five comes in and swaps the leader's gun for a stapler before getting the stapler pushed against his chest. "Ooh! That's one badass stapler!" He says before smirking and looking at Y/n. "And never fire a gun at a lady," He says, swiping the stapler across his opponent's face, causing a nasty gash that was going to leave a scar. "Milady," He says, jumping down the table and holding out his hand for Y/n to take.

"Thank you, knight in shining armor," The girl teases, taking his hand and jumping down the table before getting spun around and finding herself with her head in his chest before getting spun out.

They get closer to each other. Five cups Y/n's cheek, smiling at the girl who nuzzles into his touch. She loved to touch and to be touched by him - never sexually. She simply loved touching his cheek, hands and chocolate-coloured hair that fell in messy locks. Just skin contact alone from him comforted her in a way no one else could. Through this, he belonged to her, and she belonged to him.

"Although there's been no activity for a few minutes, we're gonna stay live on location to make sure that we don't miss anything in this hostage situation at the Capital West bank."

"Do we really have to do this?" Ben asked.

"Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault," Luther says.

The boy sighs. "I didn't sign up for this," He says.

"Now we see the hostages. They... they're free. They're scared, clearly, but they do seem to be unharmed."

Ben steps into the room before the shadows of tentacles could be seen with blood splattered all over the windows.

Y/n flinched before hiding in Five's chest, said boy putting his arm around her as he sensed her fear. Fear was interesting. It held no authentic form, yet it somehow penetrated into everyone's minds and bodies. We would always try keeping it in a box in the back of our minds. And no matter how hard the monster that everyone recognized as fear banged hard on all four sides, we would gulp and hold the keys tight in our throat, refusing to let it escape and control us, refusing to let flight take over fight.

A blood-soaked Ben comes out, letting out a shaky breath.

"Can we go home now?" He asks.

"People are coming out right now. It's not the armed robbers. These are young schoolchildren in uniforms with masks on."

"Lower your weapon!"

"This is Jim Hellerman, Channel Two News."

"How did you get in the bank?"

"What happened inside?"

"Our world is changing," Reginald tells the reporters when he arrives to address the reporters.

His adopted children were all wearing coats over their uniform. The children were standing in numerical order and stood up tall and proud, Five with an especially smug look on his face, dimple showing slightly.

"Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy."

"Come here," Y/n says, tilting Ben's face to wipe of remaining dried blood that was on his cheek.

"Thanks, N/n," Ben says, wiping the area.

Y/n smiles, not noticing Five trying to get a better look at them, glare behind his mask. He was jealous. How could he not? Ben should have known that Y/n was his. He clenched his fists before relaxing because he knew that Y/n didn't see Ben that way, and Ben didn't see Y/n that way either. He was simply overthinking and overreacting. Y/n turned to him and smiled, making Five's anger melt away.

"Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves! Channel Nine News! What happened to their parents?" A reporter asks.

"They were suitably compensated," Reginald replies.

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?"

"Of course. As I am for the fate of the world."