Chapter 22

Lemon/Lime warning in this chapter

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to go back there," Vanya scolds herself.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you do it," Leonard says.

"No, it's my fault," She responds. "I just wanted them to be proud of me. And how could I presume to be worthy of their attention? Nothing's ever big enough next to their holier-than-thou, weight of the world bullshit."

"Vanya!" Leonard yells.

"What?" She asks before they look back.

It was a strange sight. Car sirens rang and went crazy. It was annoying and blasted into the ears of all the passerbys as they covered their ears from the pain, muting the siren only slightly. But that was so much better to the pure agony of the actual siren. The light posts made of strong metal was all bent down. It was strange as the lamp posts' materials had a giant metallic structure. A lot of energy would be needed to bend it.

"What the hell is happening?" Vanya asks.

"You happened," Leonard responds.

"Oh, come on. Th-that's crazy. I mean, it... it was like this before," She says before it stops raining. "That's a coincidence," She says. "Leonard, it's impossible."

"Come on. My place is close."

Timeskip

"Ah, shit," Diego mutters to himself as Klaus walks to his doorframe, rope on his shoulder.

"Hey," Klaus says.

"Hey. You, uh... you mind?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, sure. I'll... I'll tie that up," Klaus says. "If you tie me up after," He adds, throwing the rope to Diego.

"Come again?"

"You know, last time I was sober was that roaring good time when those freaks had me tied up in the motel room," Klaus admitted.

"Wow," Diego responds. "You are one twisted bonehead."

"Why?" Klaus asks. "You're the one who's always like, 'Klaus, you need to get sober, bro.'"

"There's better ways to get clean, bro."

"Not for me, no," Klaus says. "I need someone to take away my options."

"Fine," Diego says.

"Okay. Thank you."

"Okay, can you help me?"

"Yeah, yeah."

Timeskip

"Hiya, Five," Dot said, trying to look at what Five was doing. "How's it going?"

"I must have utter silence in order to complete this task," Five responded as Y/n giggled.

'Problems?' Y/n thought.

'You have no idea,' Five responds in his head.

"Hey, a few of us are having lunch, and I was wondering if you... you're doing something. Oh... bye... bye!" Dot said before Five had Y/n follow him to the pneumatic tube room.

"I'm afraid that's not procedure," The Handler said as Five almost sent a message to a temporal assassin. "Five, Eight, meet Gloria. Gloria is perhaps the single most vital cog in our machine."

"Oh!" The lady said in response.

"Gloria, this is Number Five and Eight."

"Look at you. Deadly little thing. So happy we decided to close the contract on your life."