View ||Chapter 20

You awaken in the middle of the night to loud raining and thunder and because of the 8 month old baby inside moving, groaning, you rest your head on Joey's chest.

"You're awake...?" Joey sleepily says, you nod.

"Yeah... Thunder is loud tonight, hm?" He says, kissing your forehead.

Another loud clap of thunder echoes, making Joey pull you closer to him, rubbing your arms.

"I hope they won't be as scared of thunder as you are~." You say, sleepily laughing.

"Heeeeey..." He says, squeezing your arm.

You rest your hand on your stomach, you feeling a sudden punch in your stomach making you jolt up.

"Oh fuck, oh fuck they're kicking, Joey Joey Joey!" You excitedly say, he quickly gets up as you grab his wrist and place it on your stomach.

"Woah! Jesus, why are they so mad?" He says, you laugh as he traces his hand where the kicks are.

"They've never kicked like this, must've been the berry salad Kate made, heh.." You rub the back of your neck.

After a few seconds, the kicks calm down and stop all together, you sigh in relief.

"Pfft, you okay?" Joey asks, feeling your forehead, you nod as you fall back down.

Joey leans down beside, cupping his hand in yours and gently stroking your cheek.

"Can you believe that in just one month, it'll be here?" He sympathetically says, you smile and nod again.

He lifts up your hand, against the ring around your ring finger, he lets out a pleasant sigh and kisses your hand.

He yawns, laying back down as he pulls you closer to his chest, intertwining his hand with yours.

The morning is normal, if you would call the light purple dim around the camp normal.

You walk outside, stretching your arms and groaning, a small kick pops inside your stomach.

"Good morning to you too." You utter, rubbing you stomach, a female voice pecks your ears and you look up to see Claudette with Max, Claudette appears to be setting up a bird feeding a tree while she stands on Max's shoulders.

You smile and walk over to the two. "Morin'." You say, Claudette looks over while she finishes nailing in the bird house, handing the small hammer back to Max.

"Go...od mor..ning Y/n." Max says while lifting Claudette down.

"You're up early, is the little guy keeping you up." Claudette asks, rubbing her forehead.

"Well, last night I swear they thought my stomach was a soccer ball." You laugh, brushing saw dust off your nose.

Claudette clasps her hands together. "Now, Y/n, we have around three weeks until you are probably going to go into labor... Do you really trust me with delivering your baby?"

You smile and rub Claudettes shoulders. "Absolutely, I trust you more than anybody to deliver my baby."

She looks up to Max, Max tilts his head and places down his tools.

Claudette grips his fists and nods, making you feel happy about her determination.

Your knees begin to feel heavy, you hold yourself up against a tree as a painful feeling comes from your stomach.

You collaps to the ground, Max quickly catches you and holds you up, Claudette panics as other survivors see what is happening.

You feel something wet tinkle down your leg, your lower back begins to feel awful along with your abdomen.