Chapter 14 || Red Herring

Joey opens the tent entrance for you, you smile as he follows behind you, catching up to you as his fingers intertwine with yours, you're face flushes as he laughs.

"Joey!... Um who's this?" A girl with short hair and a beanie says, she has a slight swedish accent.

"Nea! This is Y/n, you remember me talking about her when we first met?" Joey says, his arm warping around your shoulders, you give her a smile, you notice her eyes go up and down your body, she gives an almost... Fake smile, you feel some kind of negative attitude off of her.

"Anyway, Joey you're needed, she can stay here." Nea says.

"That won't he necessary Nea, she needs to see the camp anyway!" Joey says, giving her a stern look.

"Ah um, of course." She clears her throat. "Then follow me." She says as she begins to walk ahead of us.

"So, are you like the leader of this place?" You ask, he nods proudly.

"Seriously, you?" You laugh as he squeezes your arm and chuckles.

"After they notice I wasn't a real killer anymore, they trusted me enough. Especially after I found this place that's so deep into the woods." Joey says. It ponders you, how he changed so fast after he thought you where dead.

The 3 of walk inside a run down building where you see Rin inside, sitting peacefully.

"Joey, The Spir- Um, sorry, Rin, is saying she is sense a dangerous present." A male with fantastic hair says, he flips his hair back, bumping into a small woman beside him with long brown hair, she lightly punches him, Joey steps forward to Rin.

"What is it Rin?" Joey calmly says, Rin; with a terrified look on her, looks up to Joey.

"It's... My ancestor, Kazan, my great great great great grandfather... I can feel him growing near to us, we are in terrible danger if we don't do something." Rin says, placing her hands on her knees.

"Kazan... You mean Oni, correct?" Joey says, the survivors around gasp in horror.

"The Oni!? That big fucker, I thought we would live long enough to never see him!" Meg says, slamming her fists against the table, rin flinches.

"Meg, that's enough." Joey says, placing his hands against the table, Nea softly laughs.

"I... I do know a way I could maybe calm him down.. He is extremely strong and has a rage that can last years on end." Rin says.

Joey glances over to me then back to Rin. "Alright... What have you got?"

"Does it fit hun?" Kate yells out to Rin.

"I-I think so.." Rin quietly says.

"You sure this'll work?" I ask Kate, she shrugs.

"I don't know much about traditional Japanese kimonos, this was the best I could do." Kate says, standing with her hands on hips.

Rin steps out from behind a sheet, she has a white kimono on with small purple flowers speckled on the bottom.

"Awh, adorable! It almost makes me forget you where a terrifying spirt!" Kate says, crossing her arms together. Rin nervously laughs and nods.

"Okay so-" The man; Jake you have learned walks in, holding a katana in his hands, he freezes when he sees Rin. He clumsily drops it.

"Pfft, Jake c'mon now! She's pretty yes but keep it together will ya!" Kate jokingly yells at Jake, she picks up the Katana and hands it to Rin.

"Will uh... That do, Rin?" Jake fumbles his words, he shakes his head and nervously laughs.

Rin examines the blade, she closes her eyes and lightly presses her forehead, she opens her eyes and smiles as she faces Jake.