P3 - Chapter #17: Final Swing

(Several days later; in the evening...)

Dry leaves were flying here and there around the graveyard... At the moment, no cemetery caretaker was seen. The place seemed to be pretty quiet and empty. Although, there were two hooded masked masculine figures with backpacks cleaning the area surrounding a certain gravestone.

After getting rid of the weeds, one of them, a black masked figure with red lenses, kneeled down in front of the gravestone. In one of his hands, were a bunch of gladiolus flowers which he put down gently near the gravestone.

"Hey, Dad... It's me, Kaine," he smiled, sadness could be heard in his voice. "I just wanted to check up on you. And...I brought flowers, I hope you like it." His smile soon faded however, as he reminisced about the past... "Dad, I know you can't hear me. But I wish... I wish I could take back what I said to you. I wish I had given you another chance..."

Kaine sighed softly, "I guess all I can do is... accept what has happened. Goodbye, Dad. Rest well..."

He then stood up, his eyes still on his father's gravestone. Life had changed for him. He had learned the lessons from his mistakes. He patched things up with his family, friend, and even his former enemy. But at what price? Nearly succumbing to his darkness' influence for not listening to those who warned him. Making grave mistakes. His own father's death. Hurting those close to him and almost taking the life of a father. Thinking about what he could've done made him feel ashamed of himself...

He had the chance to patch things up with others. But one hole could not be patched in his life.

Peter walked closer to his cousin and placed his hand on Kaine's shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. "There, there. It's okay."

"Thanks, Peter."

"Anytime, Coz," he smiled, "So, wanna continue patrolling around the neighbourhood for a bit?"

A chuckle escaped Kaine's mouth. "Sure, why not?"

They both nodded and spun their respective webline to different buildings. Afterwards, they began to swing side by side from building to building. Their eyes scanning around for any threats or anything suspicious.

"So far so good, no bad guys in sight," Peter noted after several moments.

"If there's one, they're mine. I'd scare them till they piss in their pants," Kaine smirked underneath the mask.

"Nah uh, they are mine. I'd web them up before you get the chance," the younger Parker giggled, earning a groan from the older one.

"Come on, no fun!"

"Noppity nope. They'll end up traumatized, so no."

Kaine just pouted at Peter's response, "Sheesh, fineee. No promises, heheh."

As they swung by, the pedestrians looked at them in awe. "Look, it's Spider-Man!"

One of them pointed at the masked figure next to Spider-Man, "Who's that other Spider-Man?"

"It's the Scarlet Spider!"

Kaine heard it and looked at Peter confusedly, "Who?"

The younger Parker simply chuckled, "Our superhero names come from the Daily Bugle. I'm Spider-Man and you're Scarlet Spider."

"Pfft. You've got to be kidding me," Kaine snickered, "Anyway, let's head to Joe's Pizza. Anna's already waiting there for us. Don't wanna make her wait for too long."

"Agreed."

While swinging, the Parkers pondered about their future as heroes... Surely there would be challenges. Not only those but twists and turns in their lives. Just like in superhero comics and movies. Would they be able to face and stand against them? Or would they fall? They knew things wouldn't always turn out well in life. But they could hope for the best, with their hope as bright as the evening sky and the sun.

For now, this was the end of their story.

...

Scarlet Spider and Spider-Man will return.

To be continued...?

---

A/N: So, this concludes the fanfic I've been working on for months. Gotta say this is my first completed longfic XD At least I get to finish it. For now, this is the end of Kaine and Peter's story. There will be more though ;) Not just possible sequels and spin-offs to this story but also stories set in universes parallel to "Scarlet Spider: Sin." Stay tune for more by following me! I'd appreciate it if you share your thoughts by commenting and giving this fanfic a rating or perhaps a heart/kudos. Thanks, y'all! It's been a journey. Thanks to those who have been keeping up with this story. Au revoir! <3