P3 - Chapter #13: Vengeance Part 2

A/N #1: This chapter contains mild violence. Proceed with your discretion.

---

Two hooded masked teenagers stood opposite of each other in an alley as the rain fell. Both determined to achieve their goals, yet each was an obstacle to the other. Only one could decide how this night would end. Only one.

Kaine leaped to a wall and ran on it, he headed to the rooftop, as Peter rapidly followed suit. Then they ran and jumped across rooftops.

The older Parker glanced over his shoulder and his eyes widened in surprise–his younger cousin was faster than him!
He pushed his muscles further, and tried to run faster. Unfortunately, Peter was able to catch up and shot a web line to Kaine's back to stop him.

"That's enough!" Peter yelled as he yanked Kaine to him. This prompted the older twin to turn back, protrude a stinger, and slashed the web.

"What?! You're going to stop me!?" Kaine glared at Peter, fiery anger could be seen on his hazel eyes.

"I can't let something bad happen again! If so, this will be the third time!" Peter then sighed, his voice becoming softer and lower. "Why are you doing this, Coz..?"

Kaine looked away, "I... I just want the nightmares to end, Pete. My dad keeps coming back in my dreams. Almost. Every. Single. Day."

The younger Parker sighed softly and pulled the older one to his embrace, but Kaine didn't return the gesture.

"I'm sorry for you, Kaine. You know you could've texted me anytime, right?"

"I still feel undeserving of you and Anna after what I have done..." Kaine said in a sorrowful tone.

"Geez, you still haven't changed..." Both chuckled softly. "Kaine, listen... Have you taken things into consideration...?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you do this, will it do you any good in the end? Even our family and friend?"

Kaine froze, his stinger slowly going back to the inside of his wrist...

"If they find out what you've been doing, they'll be devastated. I don't want that to happen." He pleaded, "You can still stop this. Revenge is like a poison. And it can take you over and turn you into someone you were not... Just forget this and go home. Please..."

"Don't listen to him! You have this one chance! One chance only and you can't let it slip!" the voice in Kaine's mind pushed him.

Two sides with different intentions. Both were right in a way but which one should he listen to? He could go home but the nightmares would perhaps return. Or he could kill Flint, with the possibility of him getting imprisoned for murder and disowned.

Conflicting thoughts ran through his mind every second and he was unable to come to a decision... But it changed when the image of his father's killer appeared in his mind. In response, Kaine pushed Peter away angrily.

"Wh- What? Kaine..."

"I'm sorry, Peter... I'm sorry. I need the nightmares to be over," Kaine teared up as he reverted back to his previous look and growled.

The look on Peter's face changed into a determined, serious one. "Then I have to stop you, Coz. For your own good..." This prompted them to enter a stance and readied their fists.

Their outfits were soaked wet. They could get sick, but determination was still present in both of them. The two were bent on taking down the other, as they waited for each other's action.