P3 - Chapter #14: Fight for Control

(Within Kaine's mind...)

Everything was black... Kaine felt like he was in a different place. As he opened his eyes, he realized he was descending to a void... A void that was as red as blood. It was quiet but there was no sense of peace. Then, Kaine saw his darkness standing before him as he landed–his eyes glaring furiously, filled with flames of anger.

"You are unreliable. I should've controlled you from the beginning instead!" The demon growled, but a maniacal smile eventually formed on his face, "Doesn't matter... I'm not giving up yet. This time I'll put you to sleep!"

Realizing this was a battle for control, Kaine immediately protruded stingers from his wrists and readied himself. He had nowhere to go. And he was weak, due to his darkness' strong influence. But he must fight to be free from the Other's influence. Now, it was live...or die.

The Other protruded stingers from his wrists too and lunged towards Kaine, intending to stab his heart. Kaine instinctively blocked the attack with his stingers. Kaine's eyes widened as the demon's stingers almost reached his heart. The demon hissed as he pushed his stingers further with immense force, overpowering Kaine. Feeling that he was trembling, he kicked the demon in the stomach to push him away. Because of how powerful the demon was, Kaine's breathing fastened as he started to feel exhausted.

Fear and worry began to fill Kaine, weakening the teenager further. And before his eyes, the demon smiled, with his fangs visible; confident that he will be victorious. However, Kaine didn't give up. Thinking he needed a different fighting style, he retracted one of the stingers back into his wrist, in case he needed to punch or shoot webs from his fingertips. His determination strengthened him, but it was not enough.

The two locked eyes onto each other, waiting for their respective move. Kaine ran toward the demon while shooting several web pellets to blind and envelope his opponent. Unfortunately, it didn't work, as the latter dodged the web pellets and slashed them. But a few managed to slow him, giving Kaine a small window of time. The teen quickly released the other stinger, leaped behind his opponent, and stabbed and slashed rapidly. He proceeded to stab his opponent's heart. But to no avail, all it did was leave scratches and small wounds on the demon's body. Once again Kaine's eyes widened as he realized he's screwed.

The demon fell on his knees and shrieked in pain because of the wounds. Not wanting to be outsmarted, he quickly did a roundhouse kick to tackle Kaine, giving the latter immense pain.

"You tried to hurt me. To finish me off..." he growled at Kaine and shot strong web pellets to the teenager's hands and legs, binding him to the ground. The demon then created a giant cage out of Kaine's negative feelings, with both of them in it.

The teenager realized he's cornered and attempted to break free of the webbings. It didn't work as the webbings were pretty strong.

The demon noticed this and stepped on Kaine's hands, breaking the bones and making the teen scream in pain. "You are not going anywhere!" The Other then broke his opponent's leg bones for extra measure, making Kaine screamed further.

Kaine was now crying. Tears began flowing pretty hard, accompanied with the immense pain he endured. Now, he's laying on the ground, helpless.... The broken bones and the strong webbing that binded him to the ground...made him realize he was done for. Everything was too late. He was doomed. He wouldn't have a chance to be a better person... All he could do was close his teary eyes, accepting his fate at the hands of his darkness. To die.

"You should have accepted me, Kaine. You should have let me take over because you're weak. And I could make you a stronger person. So you could make your enemies suffer. But you didn't," the demon slowly smiled, "But don't worry. Soon, you'll be gone. You'll be grateful when I'm in control."

The demon then prepared his stingers as he taunted his opponent, "Your mistakes. Your sins. And your negative feelings. They created me. Now, thanks to you ignoring those who warned you, I have become powerful. So... Goodbye, Kaine." He laughed maniacally as he was about to finish Kaine off.

"You're right... I..I should have listened.. They were right... They were right all along!" The teen suddenly healed and became stronger, and broke free of his bonds, shocking the Other.

His opponent slowly walked away in terror as Kaine advanced towards him, "My mother, Peter, and the school counselor... They wanted me to be better!"

The demon became even more terrified with this and was about to stab Kaine, only for Kaine to grip his hands with immense power, stopping him.

"N-No.. This is impossible!" he exclaimed in disbelief as he groaned in pain.

The teen kicked his darkness, which sent him towards the cage. Kaine proceeded to shoot web pellets toward his darkness' forearms and legs, binding him.

"I hated my father for who he was. Then Peter for how different I am from him... Flash..for what he did to me. And Flint..for robbing my chance of forgiveness..." The teenager spoke in a tone of regret... "But the past is in the past. Though it may be too late, I accept that!"

Kaine delivered a punch that not just hurt his opponent but also broke the binds of the cage, sending the demon flying to the ground. He began advancing toward the Other.

"I accept my mistakes. I accept the consequences. I accept the lessons!"

Kaine then choked his darkness, "Now for you... Begone from my mind!" Kaine threw the demon into a deep hole.

"NOOOOO.....!!!!" the demon's scream echoed through the hole as he fell... Until he couldn't be heard anymore.

Relief filled Kaine's mind. It was over. It was finally over... He dropped to his knees and closed his eyes, sighing in relief...

The battle was over. And he had won.

---

Shortly, the teen regained control of his body. Like a puppet that had strings no more. He stood up and looked down to the floor, feeling ashamed of his actions. Kaine then turned to the still unconscious Flint. He walked closer and sighed, regretting for almost taking someone's life. At least, he would be brought to justice, along with his partner.

But first things first, he needed to write down a note that Flint's daughter was in need of medical treatment. Something he hoped that the police department would take care. Luckily, there was a bunch of papers and a pen nearby. After that, bringing the note along with Flint Marko and Dennis Carradine to the police station.

And then... it was just a matter of confessing his wrongdoings and rekindling his relationship with Peter...

---

A/N #1: Alright, now that Kaine has settled his main conflict. It's time for him to patch things up. Will it go well though? And what will be left of him after that? Find out in the last three chapters coming in two days! ;D

A/N #2: Also, have you seen the trailer for "Spider-Man: No Way Home"? It was amazing to see some old villains back XD