P2B - Chapter #10: Downfall Part 3

On a rooftop, Kaine watches his father's car heading somewhere from afar. He turned his attention to one of his hands, which had curled into a fist earlier not by his own will. That really was a close one. Gladly, he managed to prevent himself from killing Ben.

"You really shouldn't have done that," Kaine talked to the voice in his mind with a stern tone.

"No, YOU shouldn't have done that!" he retorted, "I was doing what's best for us. Besides, you want him to die."

"Yes, I do. And I despise my father. But I cannot do it after what happened to Flash!"

"Unbelievable... Just unbelievable."

Kaine covered his face with both of his hands and let out a muffled scream, filled with frustration. Another scream escaped from his mouth. Having enough of this confusion, he removed his hands from his face, curled one into a fist, and hit the ground so hard. It left a crack, but he didn't care. He kept hitting it. However, his anger was not satisfied, needing more. The question was...how could it be satisfied?

The teenager's eyes wandered around aimlessly until a billboard nearby caught their attention. An ad for a ring fight against Bonesaw McGraw with huge amount of money as the reward along with an address. The corners of his mouth turned upwards. This was his answer. He quickly took out his phone, entered the address into the phone's map, and swung there.

---

(Nearly an hour later...)

Inside a building, cheers from an audience could be heard as Bonesaw finished his opponent in the ring. Some could be seen holding signs saying "WE LOVE YOU, BONESAW!" while others were holding saw props. Them cheering him and chanting his name made the big man grin and open his hands as he looked at them and screamed, "No one can defeat Bonesaw! Come on, I'm bored! Give me more and show me that you can win against the unbeatable BONESAW!!!"

Kaine was watching from the sidelines, gulping as he saw a fighter carried on a stretcher. "Maybe this is a bad idea..." he told himself quietly. He had second thoughts about exiting the building and simply going back to his family. But... The imagination of his parents' wrath made him tremble. At the same time, he was worried because he was surrounded by strangers, who knew what they would do to him?

"First, you ran away from home. Second, you went here to release your anger. And now, you're having second thoughts? You've got to be kidding me," the voice groaned, "Make up your mind already! Things are going to be fine."

"No, this is stupid. I better just go back while I can. My dad's looking for me right now, what if something bad happens to him..?"

"I thought you- we both hate him? That's unlike you."

Kaine sighed, "I think I was too harsh at him... Too blinded by my hatred to see his other side. I need to talk with my dad and patch things up."

"Urgh. Fine. But after we fight him," the voice responded with an irritated tone as Kaine put on his hood and made a mask out of his webbing. But there was a little facade that the teenage Parker didn't know, hiding an ulterior motive.

"Who will come and defeat Bonesaw?! Come on, don't be afraid!" There was no answer. "No one? Very well-"

"I will!" the teenager leaped forward to the ring, surprising everyone with such feat.

Bonesaw looked at the masked youth in wonder. "A boy?" he laughed, not expecting a young man to fight him, causing everyone to boo at Kaine but he didn't care. However, the man raised his hand to silence the audience. "So you want to fight me?" It earned a nod from Kaine. "Alright, kid. I'll try to hold back as possible."