P2B - Chapter #8 Downfall Part 1

A/N #1: Hey, y'all. Sorry for not being active for two months. I've had some college stuff and writing. But now I'm back! I won't posting daily for Part 2B. Instead, all four chapters are uploaded so you can enjoy it! I hope you have good time reading it!

---

(On the next day...; At Midtown High School...)

The canteen was filled with many students, accompanied by pieces of song and music playing over the school speaker. The students were mostly just chatting while eating or drinking. Laughter could be heard from some tables, as they were goofing around with their friends.

On a nearby table, Annabelle was texting a friend she knew from the music class she attended outside school, who happened to be in the same school as her. While the Parker twins were talking about something as they ate their lunch, but she didn't pay attention to it at the moment.

Ann, you have some free time after school?

Mhm. Why?

Hm... Girls night out? ;)

She smiled and typed quickly.

You kidding me? I'm game! When?

5:35 PM. I'll come to your apartment :)

Deal, Gwen. Alright, see ya later, girl XD Gotta finish my meal

Same for me. Cya, Annie XD <3

Annabelle giggled and shoved her phone into her jeans' pocket. Then, she heard something weird but interesting from her friends' conversation.

"Gosh, swinging like Tarzan was so crazy," Kaine laughed, "But I really regretted it. It was too scary."

"Pfft, it was quite fun!" said Peter.

"For you. If you were me, you'd say things differently."

"Sureee."

The girl frowned her eyes when she listened to the conversation. She couldn't make any sense of it, nor could she come to a conclusion. But one thing she realized was that they didn't wear their glasses for the whole day. Something didn't sit right for her, like there was something she was yet to know from her friends. She shrugged it off, deciding to finish her lunch and leave the matter for later.

Meanwhile on a table not far from them, were Flash Thompson and his jocks. Their eyes set on Kaine as they waited for the group to separate. Flash's fingers were itching to teach the puny Parker a lesson for stopping him yesterday.

Eventually, the group finished their lunch and carried their trays, spoons, and forks to a nearby box and put those down inside.

"I'm gonna go to the restroom for a bit," said Peter.

"Yeah, me too," Annabelle nodded.

"Alrighty, I'll be waiting around here for you guys," Kaine responded with a smile as his friends went to the restroom. He wandered to the hall connected between canteens and looked out through the windows, admiring the plants and trees.

But he was interrupted by a tingling sensation in his head. It did not scream "a fellow spider." Instead, a threat- no, three threats were coming to him from behind. The teen turned around and found Flash and his jocks walking to his direction. Kaine's eyes widened and he was about to run to another direction. However, the blonde jock caught him and pinned him against the wall.

"No one's saving you now, Parker," the bully smiled to himself, finally getting the chance of revenge.

Kaine was now but a helpless teen, surrounded by bullies. His hand was twitching, forming into a fist, with hints of hesitation.