P1 - Chapter #1: Nightmare and Torment

WARNING:
This chapter contains sensitive, disturbing content.

-

A brunette teenager was walking on the side of a street. It was a little quiet, with a few pedestrians and a little traffic. And the atmosphere was chilling and comfortable during this night. As he walked, he was confused. The teenager felt something was familiar about this street. He recognized it. Yet, something was pretty familiar and it felt off for him, and he couldn't shake off the feeling.

While the teenager was walking, he saw a particular man in his forties, looking around for someone. And he recognized the latter due to his buzz cut, the very hairstyle he also shared. A smile formed on the teenager's face, as he ran towards the old man.

"Dad!" The teenager hugged his father tightly, feeling relieved.

"Whoa whoa, calm down, kiddo!" The man giggled and he returned the hug, embracing his son, "What is it, Kaine? Why were you running?"

Kaine released his hug, now looking at his father's eyes with tears. Tears of regret. "Dad, I'm sorry... I haven't been a good son.."

The man simply smiled at his son, "It's alright, kiddo. I forgive you, my little boy."

"I... forgive you too, dad."

The two then embraced each other.....

*BANG!*

A sudden, loud gunshot was heard nearby, startling the two. Kaine didn't feel anything. But then, he noticed blood was dripping from his father's torso...

"No, no, no! Dad!" The teenager screamed in horror as his father fell onto the ground, and he quickly held his dying father to prevent him from hitting the ground.

The man was shocked. His eyes widened because of the sudden gunshot. Now, he was struggling not to lose consciousness. Only for it to slip away from him....

Kaine realized this feeling of familiarity, horrified of reliving this very moment. "No.... no... not this again....." His voice echoed as his surroundings turned into a black void. With his father's body slow disintegrating into nothing. And everything cut to black.

---

Kaine jolted awake on his soft bed. His breathing and heartbeat were fast. He kept lying on his bed as he began to compose himself. The teenager's body was shaking after the nightmare... He couldn't move out of his bed as he was still shocked by the nightmare.

After the teen calmed a bit, he got out of his bed. But the uneasiness wouldn't disappear. Kaine turned to a clock on his wall, which showed around 2 AM. He immediately sighed...

It was one of his nightmares about his father's death, and it had been haunting him for days - days since the funeral of his father Ben Parker. It kept waking him up in the middle of the night. And it made him feel worse and worse... For this nightmare reminded him of his regret of not forgiving his father.

Still feeling uneasy, the teen headed outside of his room. It was slightly dark, with the only source of light being the outside lights that came through the dining room's wide window and a few lamps in the room. He then walked to the bathroom to wash his face and calm himself down.

The teenager closed his eyes as he washed his face. He felt the chill water running down his face and the cold atmosphere of the bathroom. It was refreshing. And still...uneasiness wouldn't leave him. As if it was a burden that could not be removed.

When Kaine opened his eyes, his hands were stained with blood. Or as it seemed to appear. The sight of his bloodstained hands reminded him of the very night his father died.

Then, the teen turned his eyes to the mirror, speechless... He saw a man in a jacket and green stripes t-shirt, who was holding his dying father at gunpoint. The teen's bloodied hands slowly curled into fists shakily. The sight of the man filled the teen with anger but also...regret and guilt.

"We got what we wanted, didn't we? And yet, here you are..crying," a deep, distorted voice taunted Kaine, "Crying for someone that we both despised in the first place." A demonic figure suddenly appeared behind the man in the reflection, walking closer towards the mirror, looking into the teen's eyes coldly with his otherworldly blood red eyes. The man and his father slowly faded into nothing.

The teen broke down. "Why can't this be over with!? Why do I have to keep carrying this burden..?" The death. The nightmares. The guilt and the regret... They were too much.

The demon simply laughed at the teen, with no remorse at all. He enjoyed seeing Kaine suffer. And it felt...powerful.

As Kaine broke down, he reminisced the past events that led to this. Wishing that he had done things differently....

---

A/N: Now, you have so many questions, don't you? They will be answered in future chapters ;) You might be wondering, what kind of events that lead to chapter one? Why did Kaine say this and that? And who is this demon, exactly? You'll get to know more starting from chapter two, where you'll know Kaine deeper and meet other characters, including Spider-Man ;) (Yes, Peter Parker himself XD However, he (along with Kaine) are still normal humans, considering the spider bite hasn't happened yet.) So, stay tune! Don't worry, chapter two is coming ;) If you want to be up to date, follow me on Instagram!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.instagram.com/cain_the_writer/&ved=2ahUKEwj3vMmK3ebvAhWEX3wKHeWEDlwQFjAAegQIBRAC&usg=AOvVaw1fdnMoyZrq0-tVfcfzGs2O&cshid=1617612789222

That's all for now. Please share this to your friends or family. Don't forget to leave a comment and a star, as I would appreciate it :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask it on the comment section or send me a direct message! I'd be glad to answer it.

Au revoir and have a good day! :D