42 || stark tower

Home

Home

A place where I can goTo take this off my shouldersSomeone take me home-Home, Machine Gun Kelly & Bebe Rexha

April 17th 2012
Manhattan, New York

Waking up, I groggily rub my eyes and look around; once again, I've ended up staying over, not at my own apartment but in Captain America's spare room (which is pretty much just my room now, since I spend more time here than my own damn apartment). Last night, we were doing a Harry Potter marathon, but I think I fell asleep somewhere around Goblet of Fire. Steve must have carried me to the bedroom because I definitely didn't have the energy to get here myself.

Tiredly, I get up and wander into the hallway, hearing sobs coming from the living area, I curiously walk in there. Steve's sat there, watching Deathly Hallows Part One, the scene where Dobby dies, to be specific. He's sat on the sofa, weeping his heart out with no shame- it happens to the best of us.

He looks up and notices my presence, as I stand in the doorway, smirking and raising an eyebrow, "It's really dusty in here.", he sniffles, "I think I have hay fever."

"Mhm.", I laugh. "Someone's not a happy elf."

He rolls his eyes and wipes the tears from his cheeks, "Your phone's been ringing all morning.", he takes it from the side table and hands it to me.

"Who was it?", I ask, checking my call log.

"Uh... Your dad.", he says, "I thought it best not to answer because from what I've heard, he kind of hates me."

I smile sympathetically and pause the TV, "I think he'd hate any man that answered his daughter's phone and said 'She's still in bed'."

"Fair enough.", he nods, as I start ringing Dad back.

After a few rings, Dad picks up, "Hiya, munchkin.", he greets, "Nice of you to finally call me back."

"Sorry,", I yawn, "I was asleep."

"Mhm. At Stefan's house, are you?", he asks, a lot of accusation in his tone.

"Uh... How do you know that?", I ask, glancing around warily.

"Because I came to surprise you at your apartment and you're not even here!"

"By surprise, do you mean ambush?"

"Hey! I gave you warning.", he declares.

"Eh?"

"Oh wow, you forgot.", he says, "Pepper and I are moving down to New York for a few months, whilst we get Stark Tower ready for the launch."

"Shit.", I curse.

"Language.", Steve mutters.

"Wow, thanks, sweetie. I'm excited to see you too.", he scoffs, "Are you free to come out for dinner with us tonight or are you too busy with Stefan? In fact, invite him too, I'd like to meet this guy."

"Yep, I'm free. Not Stefan though, not happening. I'll be there."

"Great, and then tomorrow Pepper wants to take you shopping for stuff for your new room. She's so excited for you to move back in."

I forgot I agreed to move back in. Oops.

Fantastic, living with my dad again. What could possibly go wrong?

A message from the author:And with that

And with that... Power & Legacy comes to an end ): Don't worry though! Aria should be back within a week or two. And for now... go read Space Girl! Hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 629

Date published: June 28th, 2022