21 || iron man...

Heavy boots of lead

Heavy boots of lead

Fills his victims full of dreadRunning as fast as they canIron Man lives again-Iron Man, Black Sabbath

August 6th 2008
Stark Industries, Malibu

"You're sure the alibi is rock solid? I can't handle any more of this drama.", I check with Phil as we stroll down the corridor. "I mean, I get the stopping building weapons but-", I glance over and see the agent is paying no attention to me, "Come on, Phil, I'm ranting!"

"Sorry. Sorry. I'm listening.", he says.

"Never mind.", I shake my head, as I hear Dad and Pepper's voices from down the corridor.

"'Iron Man', that's kind of catchy. It's got a nice ring to it. I mean, it's not technically accurate. The suit's a gold-titanium alloy, but it's kind of evocative, the imagery, anyway.", he notices me walk in, "Oh, hiya, munchkin."

Phil hands him the papers, "Here's your alibi."

"Okay.", Dad takes them.

"You were on your yacht.", Phil tells him.

"Yeah.", he looks at me, "Officially, I was on my yacht, staying out of trouble."

"We have port papers that put you in Avalon all night, and sworn statements from fifty of your guests.", Phil continues.

"See, I was thinking maybe we should say it was just Pepper and me alone on the island.", Dad smirks at her.

"That's what happened."

He gives in and nods, "All right."

I look between Pepper and Dad, "Have I missed something?"

"No, no. Definitely not.", Pepper hurriedly says.

Dad starts, "I mean..."

Phil cuts him off, "Just read it, word for word."

He flicks through the cards, "There's nothing about Stane here."