10 || exploring a government agency

Backbeat, the word is on the streetThat the fire in your heart is outI'm sure you've heard it all beforeBut you never really had a doubt-Wonderwall, Oasis

That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
-Wonderwall, Oasis

Backbeat, the word is on the streetThat the fire in your heart is outI'm sure you've heard it all beforeBut you never really had a doubt-Wonderwall, Oasis

April 20th 2008
S.H.I.E.L.D Building, Unknown Location

Self-control has never been a Stark trait, and unfortunately, I inherited that trait (or lack thereof). Being one of the wealthiest families in the world makes self-control much less necessary than it is for the other ninety-nine percent. However, whilst Dad has a hard time controlling his urge to drink, I have issues controlling my urge to do the exact opposite of what I'm told. So, when Fury tells me to stay in my room, stay out of trouble and stay out of people's business, I manage to do that for about an hour. Then, I run out of self-control and can't help but leave the room. After all, it's a windowless box with a twin bed, one bedside table with a lamp on it, and all-white walls. Not much to do to keep myself entertained.

Cautiously, I open the door slightly and peer out; the corridor is absolutely empty. For all I know, the apocalypse could have happened and I'm the only survivor. Hopefully not. I put my hood up and keep my head down, as I walk into a more crowded room, full of rows and rows of desks. Over in the furthest corner, I see Fury with Coulson and immediately walk down a different corridor away from them. I keep wandering down various corridors until I open a door and find myself outside. I look around and walk to my right. It's too cold to be Malibu, still hot, but not Malibu temperatures. Where the hell am I then? There are large gardens surrounding the building, so I'm clearly not in a busy city center.

"Hey, newbie! Stick with the rest of us!", I hear somebody yell behind me. I turn around and see a man, with olive skin and spiky brown hair, "Come on! If you can't keep up, you'll be cut from the program!". At this point, I realize he's yelling at me, then realize he's leading a group of about ten or twenty people running. Ten or twenty people wearing the same hoodie I am. Holy shit! He thinks I'm part of the agent training program! That's fun! It'll really piss Fury off if I take part in this. That's what he gets for kidnapping me.

"Yes, sir.", I catch up with the group and run alongside them. Time to prove Fury wrong. I can do this program. For now, they're just running- I can run. I can run surprisingly well- I've been going for pretty long runs almost every day since she was about twelve.