13 || spontaneous crying

We're not who we used to beWe're not who we used to beWe're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and meTrying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat-Two Ghosts, Harry Styles

We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat
-Two Ghosts, Harry Styles

We're not who we used to beWe're not who we used to beWe're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and meTrying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat-Two Ghosts, Harry Styles

July 17th 2008
Stark Mansion, Malibu

When we get home after the press conference, Dad heads straight down to his workshop. I was hoping I'd get to spend some time with him since he's been missing for the past three months but I suppose it was a silly notion, given that we're the Stark family, not reasonable, level-headed people. We never were big on family time before- I guess nothing's changed.

I mean, me and Dad are close, sure. He cares about me and I care about him. But sometimes he's more like a friend than a father... or maybe a weird older brother. There's been many a night where we've both rocked up home in the early hours of the morning, high or black-out and his car has stopped next to me, as I'm staggering up our drive and he'll offer me a lift to the front door. He won't tell me off though, sometimes he'll even pour me a drink and we'll just sit there together in silence.

He never tells me off. Ever. He used to but after a while, he just gave up. Apparently, when I was really little, he barely even went to parties. Now though, he not only attends them nightly, he hosts them at least twice a month. I think at some point he realized that if he lets me get on with my life, he can get on with his and we can live cohesively.

At least that much was true before Afghanistan.

Still, I order a Chinese, in hopes he'll come up and eat it with me.

When it arrives, I head down to tell him, "Hey, I ordered Chinese. It's upstairs if you want some."

He's sat at his desk, fiddling with some holograms; he doesn't look up, but replies, "Can you just bring some down? I've got some work to finish."

I huff, "You were all cuddles and kisses a few hours ago, now you aren't even bothering with eye contact."

Clearly, he wasn't paying attention to what I said, as he stays silent for a few moments, before realizing I've already spoken and questioning, "Huh?"