1995 || the good ol' days

I wish somebody would have told meSome day, these will be the good old daysAll the love you won't forgetAnd all these reckless nights you won't regret-Good Old Days, Macklemore

Some day, these will be the good old days
All the love you won't forget
And all these reckless nights you won't regret
-Good Old Days, Macklemore

I wish somebody would have told meSome day, these will be the good old daysAll the love you won't forgetAnd all these reckless nights you won't regret-Good Old Days, Macklemore

August 14th 1995
Upstate New York

"Lia! Are you ready to go?", Dad yells up the stairs, his voice echoing off the wooden walls. He gets no reply, so he shouts again, "Lia!", no reply, "Aria! Earth to Aurelia!".

Once again, no reply.

He huffs and starts up the stairs; when he gets to my room, he opens the door to find me desperately trying to shove all of my stuffed toys into a tiny pink suitcase, which is clearly too small for them. At hearing the door, my head snaps up, causing my little chestnut curls to bob up and down.

"Hi.", I say, rather grumpily.

He raises an eyebrow, "What's with the long face?"

"I can't get my toys into the bag.", I frown.

"With the number of toys you have, I'm already having trouble fitting them into the house.", he laughs, "Why are you even packing them?"

"So they can come to Miami with me."

"Malibu.", he corrects.

"So they can come to Malibu with me. I don't want them to be lonely in the house without us.", I tell him.

He smiles, clearly amused by my five-year-old-ness, "Munchkin, what do you think moving companies are for?"

"They don't pack the boxes for you though!", I exclaim.

"With the amount I'm paying them they do.", he scoffs, before walking further into the room and lifting me up, balancing me on his hip. "I told you to pack the essentials. Your toothbrush, PJs, a change of clothes, maybe one doll to play with on the plane. You don't need the entire stock of Toys R Us."

I huff, "But they are essential!"

"Alright, I'm going to get Pepper to pack your bag for you. And now, you can grab one toy for the flight.", he decides.