33 || happiest place on earth

How do you think I'm going to get alongWithout you when you're goneYou took me for everything that I hadAnd kicked me out on my ownAre you happy, are you satisfied?-Another One Bites The Dust, Queen

Without you when you're gone
You took me for everything that I had
And kicked me out on my own
Are you happy, are you satisfied?
-Another One Bites The Dust, Queen

How do you think I'm going to get alongWithout you when you're goneYou took me for everything that I hadAnd kicked me out on my ownAre you happy, are you satisfied?-Another One Bites The Dust, Queen

May 29th 2010
Stark Mansion, Malibu

A day after I made up with Nat, it's Dad's birthday. He's been avoiding me all day, which is a bit rude but I'll let it slide as a birthday treat. Still, I've got to go to his party tonight, which is one thing I don't want to do. After getting changed into a scarlet dress and doing my makeup, I grab my present for Dad off the side and head downstairs, towards the pounding music, which I'm fairly sure is audible through all of Malibu.

Dad's nowhere to be seen in the living room, though a lot of people I've never seen before are hanging around in there. I spot a familiar strawberry-blonde in the crowd; I walk towards her, pushing through the thick crowd.

"Pepper!", I grin, "Where's Dad?"

"In the kitchen, I think. I'll come to find him with you, I need to give him my gift anyway.", she says.

The two of us start pushing our way through the hordes of people, both clutching our gifts in our hands, "Oh, how I love these parties.", I mutter sarcastically.

When we get to the kitchen, I see Dad with his hand around the waist of a very familiar redhead, who's wearing a tiny leopard print dress. Natasha. She has an Iron Man gauntlet on and a wire connecting the gauntlet to the arc reactor in Dad's chest.

"In three. Fire in the hole. One. Nail it.", a blast shoots from the gauntlet, shattering an ice sculpture of Iron Man. Everyone gasps and steps back a little, "We got him.", Dad says, his face dangerously close to Natasha's.

"Gosh!", Natasha exclaims.

"Another crisis averted.", he says, "Packs a big punch, doesn't it?". I let out a loud groan, then Pepper and I turn back around to leave again. Unfortunately, he notices the two of us, "Hey, wait, wait, wait. Pep, Lia.", we reluctantly turn around, "Hi.", he says, in what I think is quite a patronizing tone. "Look, all three of my girls are here. This is great."