2.4 'Just because'

Babes, make sure to Download 'Disconnected layered' it's so amazingly amazing k babes plz read on ily <3
-
So I suck at writing and failed to mention that in this story it's now been about a month since the school year ended. So let's just pretend that Luke has been attending online school and spent the past few months in custody waiting for a foster home 😁
-

"Luke, what are you doing here?"

"Hi Sammie, can I- can I come in?"

Luke

"I- I don't think that's a good idea." She said shutting the door behind her. "We, we can talk out here?" She stepped onto the front porch and nodded her head.

She walked over to the front porch swing that we used to always sit on and just talk about anything while rocking back and forth. She waited for me to sit down before plopping down and kicking her feet back and forth causing the breeze to blow my beanie off of my head. A curly bundled mess of blonde and golden locks fell into my eyes so I flipped my hair back.

"Now we can talk." She forced a smile on her face trying to ease the awkward tension between us.

"Yeah," I brushed my fingers through my hair biting my lip softly. I avoided eye contact with her but she looked at me with curiosity sparkling in her eyes. "I just-" I said while pinching the frame of my nose. "Why did you do it Sam?" I was aggravated at her.

"Because." She shrugged her shoulders. And man, she aggravated me.

"That's it?" I stomped my feet down stopping the bench from swinging and we both jolted forward. She grabbed onto the arm rest in a panic to keep herself from flying further. "Really? I snapped at her. "Just 'because'?"

"Well, I- i just thought it would be better than telling them your mom was a psychopath." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Don't you talk about her that way!" I shouted. "You got my boyfriend arrested and got me take-" I stopped myself from saying anything any further. "-Trying to figure everything out. You messed with my home- you messed up my life."

The girl looked down at her hands that we sitting in her lap. She refused to look at me. She looked at if she were going to cry but her long black hair covered her face making it unclear for me to see. "I- I didn't know I would ruin your life." Her voice sound hoarse and she began to sniffle.

"Sammie don't cry." I loosened my posture. "Crying doesn't get you anywhere." And I softened my voice feeling a wave of darkness consume my brain. I hated when girls cried, I hated when boys cried too. It hurt me to see someone sad but I was getting sadder and sadder. So I took another pill while Sammie buried her face in her hands.

"Luke, what are you doing here?" She sniffled wiping her tears with the bracelets in her wrists.

"I already told you-"

"No," she cut me off. "Shouldn't you be, I don't know in custody right now? Like in a foster home-" she stopped herself from talking as she saw my face sink and my posture slouch down into the bench. At this point the anti depressants were starting to kick in and my body wasn't used to them and I started to feel.. well.. high.

"Oh my god Luke, you didn't run away did you? Are those pills in your bag? Luke how much of those did you take?" She began to banter me with questions but I only found my self to be able to chuckle and bite my bottom lip to keep me from breaking out in full on laughter.

"Please tell me you didn't take all of them like last time Luke oh god." She began to cup my face and I saw her tears. I pulled away and shook me head no.

"I- I have to go." I said while shakily standing up. I was supposed to take those at night because drowsiness was a major side effect and Im not allowed to operate machinery but that's okay because I didn't drive.

"You can't leave- not like this. Luke I have to take you ba-"

"No!" I cut her off. "I can't be here I have to leave Sammie please take me anywhere but there." I got down on my knees dropping my bag from my shoulders. "I can't, I can't, I can't." I murmured under my breath. I felt warm tears stream down my face.

"Get in the car Luke." Sammie said creaking the front door open and grabbing her keys that were hanging on the wall to the right of the door.

"Sammie I beg you please don't-"

"I'm not taking you back, I'm taking you to Michael's." She said walking passed me and towards the driver side of her car.

I looked at her in shock from the other side of the vehicle only a few feet away from the passenger side of the door.
My head was a jumbled mess of tangled webs and #idontknow's and I couldn't make out the words I needed to say but some how made them out into a questionable tone. "Uh, th-thank you?"
I stared at her in confusion.

"Because," she said walking over to me and lightly grabbing both sides of my face with her soft hands. "You need him more than you need me- or I need you." She said her voice getting dimmer and her eyes falling down to the ground away from mine. "So I'm taking you to him."

"Sam, I- I just don't know what to say." I said lifting her chin up. And she looked up at me because she was a few inches shorter than I. And she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me into a soft one-sided kiss causing me to mutter a quiet gulp in defense and then she pushed me away. "I'm sorry I did this to you." She said walking around to the other side of the car while wiping her tears.

I stood there for a moment, sorting out what had just happened because the medicine made me tired and at first I wasn't sure if that was a dream or if it actually happened. I got into the passenger side and got buckled before Sammie started the engine. It was a long silent drive from then on down the awkwardly curved road that lead to Michael's home.
-
(A/n)

Sorry this chapter is shit 😓

💥Remember to vote & comment & leave your honest opinions you're important to this story!💥

💢Also, leave suggestions for the next chapter if you want

it would mean a lot to me actually! & I want to keep yall interested and if I like one of your ideas I'll credit you in the beginning of the chapter!

💦Qotd: What do you want/ think is going to happen in the next chapter

🔥>>I'm not answering that bc you guys have too muhaha
-Camie