IV SIMON

When Simon opened the front door his mom asked him why he got home so early: 'Oh I forgot that Ayub had to work, so we just hung out until he had to leave'. Simon hated lying to his mom but this wasn't really a big lie and it was certainly worth it. 'Okay mi amor, I hope you had fun anyway!'

Then she walked away, his mom was busy cleaning the house for Christmas Eve, they have celebrated it with Ayub, Rosh and their families every year for as long as he could remember. It was always the most amazing night. They would dance, eat & laugh until they crashed on the sofa to watch home alone. Even though his mom was the only one who liked it, but everyone was too afraid to tell her.

Simon went to his room, when he noticed an envelope laying on his mattress. It seemed very formal and fancy. He was surprised but couldn't hide his smile. The prince had thought of him, well that part actually wasn't very surprising. It was just that he still send him a card, maybe he loved him. And so did Simon, he just couldn't be right now. Especially not after that statement. Simon felt like he had to be mad and of course, he had every right to. He just couldn't really find it in him. Wilhelm's situation did not make things easier for both of them. It was more complex.

The now very excited boy quickly opened the card,  written in Wilhelms cute handwriting.
'I hope you have a nice Christmas too, Simon.' Simon's heart kinda broke, why didn't he just say 'I love you', again? Maybe he shouldn't have expected him to say it when Simon couldn't even reply the first time Wilhelm made it clear. But it stung, he wanted to be loved.

He also wanted to text Wille, thank him for the card. He would ask him if he got his gift too. At first Simon didn't want  Wilhelm to know the book was from him, but now that he knew Wille send him a cart too it would be less akward. Simon decided to just send a message, he had nothing to lose.

S: I got your card, thank you. I wish you all the best.