V WILHELM.

The ball at the royal palace was slowly starting, people arrived in the most fancy vehicles and expensive dresses finished with diamonds. It was a true fairytale. Wilhelm was wearing a black suit with a light blue shirt, to match Mariah's wonderful dress. Everything looked perfect and all the guest enjoyed themselves, besides Wilhelm.
He was on edge the entire time.

The prince just sat at his table talking to some family friends. No one dared to ask him about the video and the statement later, so they just made some small talk for the rest of the evening. Wilhelm really couldn't stop thinking about Simon the entire time. Physically he was at the ball, but mentally he was just laying in bed with Simon in the middle of nowhere.

Then it got to him, he never told Simon about Mariah. He probably thought they where really dating. Shit. Wilhelm had to text him immediately to explain everything. He quickly picked his phone and when he started typing Mariah came up to the table.

'Wilhelm your mother said we had to dance, you've been so quiet all day. Are you okay?', Mariah didn't care Wilhelm didn't sit with her the entire evening, but now they needed a moment together. 'yeah okay and I am fine. It's just that there are so many people here I have to talk to. Thanks for asking'. They went to the dance floor in silence. It felt very uncomfortable for Wilhelm dancing with Mariah, but he had his duties. As soon as this was over the prince would text Simon.

Wilhelm and Mariah had been dancing for a while and a lot of front page-pictures had been taken. They finally decided to sit down for a bit. This was the moment when a lot of guests started talking to Wilhelm and ask him about Mariah and their relationship. 'Where have you met her?' 'Are you going to marry her?' 'Is she royal?' Wilhelm got slightly overwhelmed by all these questions. 'Are you having children?' 'For how long have you been together?' He started losing control over his breaths. Who in their right mind would bomb him with all these invasive questions?

'I am sorry I but if you would please excuse me for a little while', he said while holding back the tears in his already glossary eyes. Fuck. The prince didn't know what to do so he ran away from the ballroom and called Simon in a total panic.

'Simon, Simon is this you?' Wilhelm was so happy Simon picked up his phone

Simon answered hesistant: 'Wilhelm?' What made you call me? Aren't you having fun with Mariah at the ball?', oh he knew. He knew and not because Wilhelm told him.

'Simon I, I am sorry I know I didn't tell you but I wanted to and now here- and I don't know and...' Wilhelm searched for words but he wasn't able to arrange his thoughts properly.

'Wilhelm just, please breathe, You sound very anxious, tell me when you are ready'.

'Okay, okay I will', Wilhelm took a few deep breaths and sat down calmly.

'Simon I wanted to tell you before but my mom made me do this. Please don't be mad at me. I know we aren't really together right now and I'm sorry that I am calling you on Christmas Eve but I need you to know that we are not together!', Wilhelm almost cried out.

'Wilhelm you don't have to apologize, because indeed, we aren't together. You're free to do whatever, but I am sorry your mom made you do that, it sound horrible'. Simon answered, it sounded cold. Why did he do that?

'Wilhelm?'

'Yes, Simon?'

'I hope you are alright but as long as you need to figure things out I can't be with you okay? I am happy you told me but please learn to stand up for yourself. If you want this life full of lies I am okay with that too.'
Simon was right, it hurts.

Wilhelm started sobbing quietly, Simon always perfectly knew what to say.

Wilhelm had nothing to lose: 'Simon I want you, I love you. I am done with all of this, I will figure things out and I will fight to be myself. The day will come.' Fuck, he started crying harder now.

'I hope you do. Please calm down now. Maybe read some pages from you new book! Take care Wille, I'll see you.'

'Thank you for listening', Wilhelm put his phone down.

What the fuck was he supposed to do now? He laid on his bed thinking for a while when he realized he had to go back, back to hell. Nice.