||| WILHELM

At the royal palace everyone started running around like headless chickens, and the amount of people who were shouting at each other was kinda impressive. This meant the preparations for the big Christmas Eve ball had officially begun.

Wilhelm was also was busy man these days, not with preparing the ball, but signing Christmas cards, giving interviews, meetings, speeches, ...

He found interviews and speeches the worst, the information would be getting literally poked out of him and with one wrong move or word he felt like he was caught. Caught for what though..., not being as nice as people expect? Not sitting up straight enough? Liking Simon?
He would also love some freedom of speech, but Queen Kristina and the rest of the royal court didn't think that was a great idea. So they wrote all his speeches, in detail, to the comma. It was all fake, but it was better for their 'reputation'.

Luckily most of the times interviewers didn't ask him about Simon, otherwise he wasn't sure if he could stick to his script.

But today was chill, his mother asked him to sign some Christmas cards for other royal family's, easy but boring. Wilhelm would have to do it anyway so he figured he'd better just start.

The prince signed them all and when he was done he saw there where some empty cards.

After doubting it for a while, Wille decide to grab his opportunity. He was writing a card for Simon.

Wilhelm couldn't really think of anything to write at first. How do you write to someone who's kind of your boyfriend, but you kinda betrayed him, so not really.
Maybe he kinda hates you, maybe he doesn't, but most importantly, he hoped you had a nice Christmas.

So he just wrote: 'I hope you have a nice Christmas too, Simon.

The prince hoped he could make Simon smile, even though it was very deep for him. Wilhelm signed it and put it in between the other cards.

The boy walked to the big living room to chill for a bit, being a prince is very hard labour after all. As Wilhelm sat by The big fire in the middle of the living room he started fantasizing about Simon, who else?

And how bad he wanted to spend this period with him. Making snow angels, drinking hot chocolate & watching Christmas movies. Fucking clichés, but you know, it works. Wilhelm really wished things would get better for them, that he would find the strength to go in against his parents and even come out. One day he would spend Christmas with his Simon.