Chpt. 23

Monday, 5th of February, 2018

--> Liz’ Chapter <--

My sister Holly and I were walking through the streets of Antwerp, looking for a café where we could rest because we had shopped a lot in the morning.

We found one cosy bar at a corner and found a place to sit for us both.

The waiter came instantly and asked what we wanted.

“A white wine, please.” I smiled and looked at Holly, waiting for her to order a drink.

“Still water, please.” She smiled at the waiter and he nodded, walking towards the bar to get the drinks.

“No alcohol?” I asked, normally she took a white wine also. She started fumbling with her hair and biting on her lip, nervous ticks she had.

“I- uhm- I wanted to tell you something. That is kind of the reason why I invited you in the first place.” I looked at her intently, waiting for her to explain further on, she took a deep breath and continued.

“I’m pregnant and I want you to be the godmother.” She said in one breath.

My eyes grew wide, my mouth fell open and I started laughing happily. I stood up and hugged my sister.

“Oh my! Holly! Congratulations! Of course I want to be the godmother.” I would deny it when you said it, but I was shedding more than one tear.

“I reckon those are happy tears?” Holly laughed and I laughed through my tears.

“I’m so happy for you, Holly.” I said, wiping away the stains the tears had made and praying I didn’t look like a panda.

She smiled and patted her stomach softly.

“I’m happy too and so is Nick.” She said.

We chitchatted for an hour or so more and then we decided to go home, talk about baby names and shit like that.

I couldn’t be happier that night when I laid down in bed, thinking about my goddaughter or son.

Before I really fell asleep, I sent a text to my friends, telling them the amazing news.

Tuesday, 6th of February, 2018

“So, you are going to be a godmother?” Ally asked me on the phone, sounding happy for me.

“Yes!” I screamed.

“I do not want to become deaf, thanks.” Ally laughed and I smiled.

“Sorry.” I mumbled.

I was sitting in the car on my way to university and Ally was on the handsfree phone, talking to me.

“Well, congratulations then!” She yelled into the phone.

“Thanks! But hey, Ally, I need to go. I just arrived at uni.”

“Okay, bye! Talk to you later?”

“Of course! Bye!” I said, pulling in to a parking space.

I unplugged my phone from the hands free and got out of my car. I walked towards the giant gates of the university and found Lola standing on our usual spot with Christine, some girl who was also going for doctor.

“Hi Lola! Hi Christine!” I greeted them. Christine was a redhead with a couple of freckles on her nose. She was very sweet.

I felt two hands covering my eyes, taking my eyesight away.