Chpt. 9

Wednesday, 10th of January, 2018

--> Lola’s Chapter <--

“Fucking cells!” I threw my course of cytology against the wall and the sheets whirled around the room.

“Everything okay, Lola?” My mother entered my room and saw the shattered sheets filled with drawings of cells and marker ink lying on the floor beside my desk.

She looked at me and disappeared. Good move.

I sent Liz a text, asking if she had difficulty with those boring drawings too.

“I do, I hate studying these. They get boring!” Liz exclaimed at the phone and we gossiped a bit about our professors.

“I have to go, I have to pick up pages 24 up to 80! Wish me luck!” We hung up after that and I tried to collect all of the pages and get on with studying.

Tomorrow we had and exam Cytology and I still needed to get pages 50 up to 80 in my head. Luckily, I still had the entire afternoon and tomorrow morning. I will be alright.

I decided to take a short break and heat up some Aiki Noodles, my favourite. I put on the news and right after I heard my brother and sister come home from school. Riley was still in kindergarten (last year) and Timothy was in his last year of primary school. That means no exams. That means that life is unfair.

Ugh.

I zapped away after the news, nothing really important had happened. I landed on MTV Belgium and noticed that they were having a newsflash about One Direction, Louis Tomlinson to be exact.

“Louis Tomlinson and his wife of 2 years, Eleanor Calder, have decided to split up after a relationship of 5 years. That means that Louis Tomlinson, former One Direction member, the band split in early 2017, will be facing a divorce at the age of 26. Louis’ record label went bankrupt only 2 months ago so he will be facing a dark time in his life. He says he wants some privacy now. Rumour has it that he wants to find the place where his roots are. To be continued for sure.”

My eyes were wide. I remember the day One Direction split, it was in our last year of secondary school and we all stayed home that day, watching This Is Us, Where We Are and On The Road Again DVDs. We cried. I had also heard that his record label didn’t work out the way he planned to, but now I knew that his relation with Eleanor had ended, I started to worry.

What if he had bad plans?

With the news of Louis (he was my favourite band member, even though we are like 8 years apart) I began to study again, this time it was even harder because Timothy had an oral test for French and Riley was blabbing to my stepdad about how she had learned to write the word “rose”.

Big deal.

For a kid.

I sighed and put on my beats headphones, to shut their (really it was yelling!) noise out. Ah, peace.

Thursday, 11th of January; 2018

5pm

The exam went okay. I had been nervous as hell though, being it the first one in university ever. But it  went well. I had confidence and since the next one was in 5 days, I had plenty of time to relax (okay I planned to relax for one day, big deal).

I exited the university of Leuven together with Liz, she had a date with Sam later on, he was hot. He was in our class of reproduction and sexuality.

“He looks oddly like Zac Efron though, he could be his twin brother!” I said, which made Liz blush.

“Shut it, he’s walking over to us!” She whispered.

“Hey ladies! Hi Liz!” He was perfect but I really thought that Liz and Sam would look great together. Lim or Saz? Who cares, the way their shipname sounded didn’t matter.

“I need to uh… talk to professor McLaren!” I made up an excuse to let these 2 lovebirds be.

Liz nudged my shoulder and I smiled, mouthing a good luck.

She looked like she didn’t quite catch it so I waved it away, walking towards the parking lot where I had put my simple car, simple but effective may I add. I called him Loui (no, not because I liked Louis Tomlinson… no. Psht. Pfu.).

I got in, started the engine and put on my seatbelt.

The fact that I didn’t have a boyfriend kind of bothered me. I needed a love life, and fast.

I also needed a shopping day so that was what I did. I drove to Antwerp, gave my father a ring and shopped till I dropped. Nah.

Who needs a boyfriend when you have your fathers credit card?

Joking.

Hahaha.

At 9pm, I had had dinner and went back to my car. As I was walking, not paying attention as I always am, I bumped into somebody and stumbled back, luckily not falling to my ass.

“Sorry! I wasn’t paying attention!” I apologised.

“No worries.” The stranger said and I saw a glimpse of his face, but just that glimpse.

He walked away and I stood there baffled.

Did I, Lola Montez, just bump in with Louis William Tomlinson?

In this nobody land Belgium?

I told myself not to think weird walked on, but still, the idea never quite vanished from my thoughts the next couple of months…

AUTHORS NOTE 

I'm sorry if it is a bit short but I wanted to finish & publish it before dance class!

I have to go now but I should thank you for the 400+ reads! Let's make it 500! Again, thanks for the support x

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO MY DEAR FRIEND KARO :)

xxx Marie  

AUTHORS NOTE